UK Fans, This is For You..... Richard Set to Thrill Fans Onstage Live in the UK From Sept 2024

Ronnie Scott's for me. Daylight robbery but it'll be the last chance to see the icon in person.

Glad you got tickets Neil. I looked at Ronnie Scott’s website around mid morning and all the standard tickets had gone, with only “restricted” tickets left, still selling at £200. Not sure what that means - restricted view of the stage maybe? No idea why they’re over 200% more expensive for that one venue compared to the rest of the tour, especially if it’s essentially the same show.

I got my ticket for the show in Basingstoke! Front row ! Can’t believe I’m going to see Richard Carpenter live and up close
So awesome Carl, I have the same feeling of excitement!! 🎉

Well, couldn't help myself, I'm going to the Portsmouth show too, front row (although more to the side, but still... :- )) )
I might see you there, @ianDesperado ! 🤠

Btw, Richard may be interested to know (maybe he already does know) that The Beatles played live in two of the venues, back in 1963: King George's Hall in Blackburn and the Portsmouth Guildhall :cool:

(Also, Blackburn is not too far from Southport where Carpenters had 2 sell-out shows 50 years earlier)

Glad you got tickets Neil. I looked at Ronnie Scott’s website around mid morning and all the standard tickets had gone, with only “restricted” tickets left, still selling at £200. Not sure what that means - restricted view of the stage maybe? No idea why they’re over 200% more expensive for that one venue compared to the rest of the tour, especially if it’s essentially the same show.
I've been wondering about that price difference too Stephen. Is it so expensive, because it's such an exclusive venue? Or...would it be possible that there are surprise guest musicians with Richard to play a little jazz as well á la 1960s Richard Carpenter Trio days? :love: After all, it is the only jazz club out of all the 9 venues...

Hmmz.... I guess I may never know...

#icandreamcanti

I've been wondering about that price difference too Stephen. Is it so expensive, because it's such an exclusive venue? Or...would it be possible that there are surprise guest musicians with Richard to play a little jazz as well á la 1960s Richard Carpenter Trio days? :love: After all, it is the only jazz club out of all the 9 venues...

I’ve checked out the venue and I think it’s more likely to do with the fact that it’s a) a small, intimate and more exclusive jazz venue and b) it only has a 250-seat capacity. Other venues such as Leeds Grand Theatre have 1,500 seats.

I’ve checked out the venue and I think it’s more likely to do with the fact that it’s a) a small, intimate and more exclusive jazz venue and b) it only has a 250-seat capacity. Other venues such as Leeds Grand Theatre have 1,500 seats.
Yeah, you're probably right...but you never know... 🎹🥁:guitar: 😉

Ok, too many celebratory "congrats" buttons to click, so here's a hearty CONGRATS to all of you who have (or will get) tickets and get to see Richard perform!

I have to say that the announcement of this tour was completely left of field and I’m blown away that, at the age of 77, Richard is undertaking a tour of the UK. I’m still wondering why he’s chosen to do something like this now, at this time of his life. Maybe there’ll be a few promotional TV appearances once he gets here in support of it. It really is a one-off chance to see a legend - and I’m third row from the front!

I have to say that the announcement of this tour was completely left of field and I’m blown away that, at the age of 77, Richard is undertaking a tour of the UK. I’m still wondering why he’s chosen to do something like this now, at this time of his life.

He did mention his future plans in the Japanese radio interview he gave about 7 months ago (2023 Billboard Live Tokyo concert). He said there was interest and that he was getting offers from other countries to do what he did in Tokyo. Not a full Carpenters concert but tell the stories behind some of their hit songs. When he said other countries, I took that to mean outside the US and most likely next the UK.

Wow congrats to the UK members. I’m so envious, would love to attend a RC concert. This is so exciting. Hope to see some video from these shows next year.

Could this be due to him being in the UK next year for RPO part 2 or finishing touches of orchestral work on Christmas Portrait release next fall? What a coincidence being in the UK.

Wow congrats to the UK members. I’m so envious, would love to attend a RC concert. This is so exciting. Hope to see some video from these shows next year.

Could this be due to him being in the UK next year for RPO part 2 or finishing touches of orchestral work on Christmas Portrait release next fall? What a coincidence being in the UK.
We could dream, can't we?

Awesome, so many of us in Leeds! :- D I'd almost say this calls for some sort of a pre-concert singalong 😁 (nah just kidding :-p )

We should definitely have a pre-meet drink or two before the show, already looking forward to it and it’s almost a year away!

Just had a look at how tickets are selling for this at all the venues. Ronnie Scott’s has sold out, one other has only a few tickets left and Leeds is nearly to capacity as well, but many of the other venues still have well over 50% of seats not yet sold. Let’s hope they fill up over time. I still think the promoter should have picked more central, accessible venues for this tour.

Just had a look at how tickets are selling for this at all the venues. Ronnie Scott’s has sold out, one other has only a few tickets left and Leeds is nearly to capacity as well, but many of the other venues still have well over 50% of seats not yet sold. Let’s hope they fill up over time. I still think the promoter should have picked more central, accessible venues for this tour.
Basingstoke venue is selling well so far

Ronnie Scott's for me. Daylight robbery but it'll be the last chance to see the icon in person.
I also brought tickets for Ronnie Scott’s, Richard is having to play two concerts on the same night. This is traditional for the venue and people eat meals whilst the performance is on. They have waiters/waitress services during the shows. I also brought a ticket for Milton Keynes the day before the London show, that was around £90.

Ronnies is such a small and intimate venue, the other venues have a much larger seating capacity and this may be why the ticket prices are higher but I would echo many and say it is worth every penny.

Back
Top Bottom