🎵 AotW Various Artists: Nadia's Theme (The Young and the Restless) (A&M Records SP-3412)

1699505165583.pngVarious Artists: Nadia's Theme (The Young and the Restless)

A&M Records SP-3412
Released 1976

A1: Barry De Vorzon And Perry Botkin, Jr. – Nadia's Theme (The Young And The Restless) / 2:50
A2: Chuck Mangione – Bellavia / 6:30
A3: Barry De Vorzon And Perry Botkin, Jr. – Bless The Beasts And Children / 2:12
A4: Ira Sullivan – My Reverie / 2:23
A5: Chuck Mangione – Chase The Clouds Away / 4:53
B1: Pablo Cruise – Zero To Sixty In Five / 4:56
B2: Barry De Vorzon And Perry Botkin, Jr. – Down The Line / 2:55
B3: Herb Ohta – Feelings / 4:20
B4: Tim Weisberg – Rainbow City / 3:35
B5: Michel Colombier – Emmanuel / 3:00
B6: Barry De Vorzon And Perry Botkin, Jr. – Nadia's Theme (The Young And The Restless) (Reprise) / 1:54

Originally released on LP, 8-track, and cassette. Reissued in Canada as CD69829, year unknown.
Album is out of print and unavailable via streaming.

Amazon product ASIN B08D4SWN94

Interesting footnote--all six releases from SP-3407 to SP-3412 involved Chuck Mangione.

That certainly will not be the case for the next AOTW. 😁

This was a nice album - I still have my copy. The "Nadia's Theme" track was played often at the 1976 Olympics coverage and of course is actually a re-working of the "Cotton's Dream" track on the BLESS THE BEASTS AND CHILDREN soundtrack. Some other DeVorzon/Botkin tracks on this album come from the BLESS soundtrack. I believe the "Nadia's Theme" version actually contains an edited loop to make it a bit longer.

When I first acquired this album, I was happy to see Pablo Cruise's "Zero To Sixty In Five" track as I was hearing that on our radio station and still like it to this day.

If I'm correct, the Michel Colombier track "Emmanuel", was a longer version than what first appeared on the WINGS album with the die-cut yellow cover. This longer version was then used when WINGS was re-issued on LP the following year with a new cover.

Somewhere on YouTube, I linked the full album as a playlist, adding in a couple/three tracks that weren't already there.

I still Love this compilation album I remember buying my first copy in 1984 it's sad that it didn't make it to CD but thankfully I still have my needledrop and most of the albums represented in this collection

The song "Down The Line" is missing the last 10 seconds on the 1976 album. (from 1971 "Bless The Beasts And Children" movie soundtrack).

It should be noted that there was a quite different version of this album released in Mexico. Most notably, it contained Herb Alpert's "El Bimbo" in its track list.

NDQtMTU4My5qcGVn.jpeg

A1Barry De Vorzon, Perry Botkin Jr.Nadia's Theme (The Young And The Restless)
A2Chuck MangioneBellavia
A3Barry De Vorzon, Perry Botkin Jr.Bless The Beasts And Children
A4The London Stereo OrchestraEn Aranjuez Con Tu Amor Del Tema
A5Chuck MangioneChase The Clouds Away
B1Herb AlpertEl Bimbo
B2Herb OhtaSong For Anna (Chanson d'Anna)
B3Paul Winter (2)Both Sides Now
B4Herb OhtaFeelings
B5Nick DeCaro And His OrchestraIf I Only Had Time (Je N' Aurai Pas Le Temps)
B6Michel ColombierEmmanuel

It should be noted that there was a quite different version of this album released in Mexico. Most notably, it contained Herb Alpert's "El Bimbo" in its track list.

NDQtMTU4My5qcGVn.jpeg

A1Barry De Vorzon, Perry Botkin Jr.Nadia's Theme (The Young And The Restless)
A2Chuck MangioneBellavia
A3Barry De Vorzon, Perry Botkin Jr.Bless The Beasts And Children
A4The London Stereo OrchestraEn Aranjuez Con Tu Amor Del Tema
A5Chuck MangioneChase The Clouds Away
B1Herb AlpertEl Bimbo
B2Herb OhtaSong For Anna (Chanson d'Anna)
B3Paul Winter (2)Both Sides Now
B4Herb OhtaFeelings
B5Nick DeCaro And His OrchestraIf I Only Had Time (Je N' Aurai Pas Le Temps)
B6Michel ColombierEmmanuel
With this lineup you get a different feel at least you get an extra Herb Ohta track his better known "Song for Anna" one could make a bigger personal Nadia's theme Album of their own combining the differering songs from both creating your own special edition that would be the best of both worlds so to speak in my opinion Hey We Can Dream Can't We?

Back
Top Bottom