• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Wacko Jacko Under Investigation Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch was under siege from investigators on Tuesday. From Yahoo News:

Jackson's Neverland Ranch Raided in Probe

Tue Nov 18, 9:25 PM ET

By JEFF WILSON, Associated Press Writer

LOS OLIVOS, Calif. - Officers conducting a criminal investigation searched Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch on Tuesday. The purpose of the raid was not disclosed.

Court TV cited unidentified sources as saying the search warrant was tied to sexual-abuse allegations brought by a 12- or 13-year-old boy. Sheriff's officials and the district attorney's office refused comment.

Jackson spokesman Stuart Backerman also refused to comment on any allegations and said neither he nor Jackson knew the details of the investigation.

Sixty to 70 investigators from the Santa Barbara County sheriff's and district attorney's offices served a warrant as part of an "ongoing criminal investigation," Sgt. Chris Pappas said. No immediate arrests were made.

Backerman said Jackson and his three young children were not at the ranch at the time and have been in Las Vegas, where Jackson is making a video.

Jackson denounced media coverage of the search in a statement released by Backerman to The Associated Press.

"I've seen lawyers who don't represent me and spokespeople who do not know me speaking for me. These characters always seem to surface with dreadful allegations just as another project, an album, a video is being released," the Jackson statement said.

Detectives were expected to be gathering evidence into the night. The district attorney and sheriff planned to provide more details at Wednesday morning press conference.

In Las Vegas, a Jackson family spokesman briefly talked to reporters outside a recording studio.

"The family stands behind Michael," spokesman Steve Manning said. "He's holding up."

The 45-year-old singer who had international hits with the albums "Thriller" (1982), "Bad" (1987) and "Dangerous" (1991) saw his career begin to collapse in 1993 amid allegations he molested a boy. Jackson has maintained his innocence, and charges were never filed. He reportedly paid a multimillion-dollar settlement.

Jackson is also connected to Hollywood private eye Anthony Pellicano, who began serving federal prison time Monday for possessing illegal explosives. Pellicano is under investigation on suspicion he secretly taped conversations of celebrities and their lawyers.

Pellicano, 59, worked for Jackson as a spokesman and security consultant during the abuse investigation.

The search came on the same day Epic Records released "Number Ones," a greatest hits collection featuring Jackson's new single, "One More Chance." The song has been available at radio stations for the past few weeks, but has gotten scant airplay on pop radio stations, and has peaked Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop chart at No. 45.

Jackson's last studio album, "Invincible," sold about 2 million copies in the United States — great for most artists, especially veteran stars, but only so-so for the man who bills himself as the King of Pop.

An upcoming CBS special might boost sales of the new album. A representative for the network refused to speculate whether it would shelve the special due to Tuesday's developments.

Capt. Bacardi

Very surprising that both Amazon and Tower did not push the new CD at all, Amazon even left the song selections off their listing. (on #1s).
This apparently fulfilled his recording obligations to his company, so I beleive he is without a label for the future.
He is quite a charactor. :twisted:

It gets weirder:

Police Issue Arrest Warrant for Michael Jackson

LOS OLIVOS, Calif. (Reuters) - Authorities issued a warrant to arrest pop star Michael Jackson on Wednesday as sheriff's deputies finished scouring his central California Neverland Ranch in an unspecified criminal investigation.

A lawyer for the Jackson family said the warrant involved allegations of child molestation but did not go into detail.

Court TV and other U.S. media outlets said a 12-year-old boy who stayed at Jackson's ranch said the 45-year-old Jackson molested him.

Law enforcement officials in Santa Barbara scheduled an 11 a.m. PST (2 p.m. EST/1900 GMT) news conference.

A spokesman for the police department in Las Vegas, where Jackson has been staying for the past three weeks while producing a music video, said California authorities issued an arrest warrant for the singer and were negotiating with his lawyers on the terms of his surrender.

The spokesman, Jose Montoya, did not specify the charges in the arrest warrant against Jackson and said his department would not be involved in serving the warrant.

The Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department said on Tuesday that investigators had served a search warrant on Jackson's sprawling Neverland compound "as part of an ongoing criminal investigation" but did not specify the nature of the probe.

Cable channel Court TV quoted sources as saying the investigation stemmed from a new allegation of sexual abuse brought by a 12-year-old boy against the King of Pop.

In 1994, Jackson reached a multimillion-dollar out-of-court settlement with the family of a 14-year-old boy who accused him of sexual molestation. A criminal investigation of that case was closed without charges being brought, and Jackson denied any wrongdoing.

"We've seen this before; our response is 'Here we go again;' Michael has 24-hour-a-day supervision with him for the specific reason to protect him from these claims," Jackson family attorney Brian Oxman told NBC.

WILL COOPERATE

"We cannot comment on law enforcement's investigation because we do not yet know what it is about. Michael will, as always, cooperate fully with authorities in any investigation even as it is conducted, yet again, while he is not home," said spokesman Stuart Backerman in a statement.

Jackson lashed out at the "rogues' gallery of hucksters and inside sources" who dominated the airwaves on Tuesday speculating on the investigation.

"These characters always seem to surface with a dreadful allegation just as another project, an album, a video, is being released," Jackson said in the statement.

The search warrant was executed on the day that a new greatest hits collection was released, featuring Jackson's latest single, "One More Chance."

Sheriff's deputies and officials from the Santa Barbara District Attorney's office completed the search of ranch, which began on Tuesday morning. Jackson has theme-park rides and a zoo there.

The syndicated TV show Celebrity Justice said the search was prompted by revelations made by a 12-year-old Los Angeles boy in therapy sessions.

Celebrity Justice said the therapist felt compelled to report the information to authorities under a California law requiring health care professionals who "know or reasonably suspect" child abuse to disclose such suspicions.

It has been a tumultuous year for Jackson, whose talents as an entertainer have been eclipsed by his bizarre personal life.

In February, he revealed in a British television documentary that he sometimes shared his Neverland bedroom with young boys.

In November last year, Jackson stunned fans in Berlin by dangling his barefoot baby from a hotel balcony. In June, he settled a $12 million breach of contract lawsuit by his former top adviser, avoiding a trial that threatened to expose details of his financial empire.

Capt. Bacardi

Jeeezzz, Oh, Peeezzz!!! Just NO WAY we hear much about This Guy, unless it has to do with you know what... :wtf:

Well, I could read the legnthy stories on him, but the HEADLINES speak for themselves! Couldn't care much less 'bout him, anyway... :baah:

Dave

...who's always hearin' 'bout Michael gettin' his @$$ in trouble...or we NEVER hear ANYTHING 'bout him AT ALL... :mad:

Funny how nothing ever happens unless he's got a new release of some kind. They say no publicity is bad publicity, but this is ridiculous.

Ironically, The Beatles new 'Stripped' "Let It Be" was just released and is #1, and he (Jackson) owns all those publishing rights. :) :cry: :bigevil: (Produced by the wholesome Phil Spector).

Hmmm...here it is 9:14PM eastern time, and I still haven't heard if he's surrendered yet. Interesting:

1. They are apparently "negotiating the terms of his surrender." :wtf: What's up with that? Is this freak so above the law that he can negotiate his arrest? Treat him like any other citizen. That's the way it should be.

2. If he were innocent as he says, he should have been back in California immediately. This stalling tactic just makes him look more guilty.

There are other options--he commits suicide, or he takes flight. He's just about broke too, especially with Sony just about ready to call in loans (advances) they made to him. You KNOW he's going to try to buy his way out of it this time, just like he did last time. Money buys happiness...and freedom.

Actually suicide might not even work...IF he's tried and convicted, he won't live long enough in prison to commit suicide if the inmates have their way.

In addition to the release date, it's also ironic this is ratings month. If there's a trial, this is going to be plastered all over TV just like the OJ trial.

But think about this: what he's being accused of is absolutely despicable. Made worse by the idea that he'll try to buy his way out of trouble like he did in 1993. (Like money is going to compensate for the mental and physical anguish of his victim(s).) BUT, if these accusations are false, and some parents are using this to get rich quick, that's even more despicable. If that's the case, is the general public going to forgive and forget?

I'll be quite happy if I NEVER hear about Michael Jackson again under any circumstances, be they musical or otherwise...

Into the dust bin of history, as far as I am concerned...

Agreed there. I'm years past the point of feeling any pity for him or his condition. It's a no-brainer to say he has some kind of mental illness. He's turned into tabloid fodder as far as I'm concerned.

My biggest question - concerning both Jacko and Kobe Bryant - is why their "handlers" allowed them to be in compromising situations without witnesses. You'd think at least MJ would have learned something from past experience.

Here's a question a coworker posed today which l found intriguing:

What if you were the parent of a terminally ill child whose one and only wish before dying was to visit Jacko's Neverland Ranch. Could you tell him he couldn't go?

Interesting hypothetical.
JB

LPJim said:
Here's a question a coworker posed today which l found intriguing:

What if you were the parent of a terminally ill child whose one and only wish before dying was to visit Jacko's Neverland Ranch. Could you tell him he couldn't go?

Sure, once Jacko is in Folsom!- sjg

I know we discussed Phil Spector's woes in the music forum,but any talk about Mikey the Molester has nothing to do about his music,and if there was any topic needed to be in a forum called "For Animals Only",it would be a discussion of Mikey's life. I don't care how screwed up a childhood he had-the guy is in his mid-40s and has paid off one situation already. Interesting that the video shoot that he was working on was for a song called "One More Chance"-how about-"No More Chances". I sincerely believe that the arrest warrant was timed on purpose to the release of the new compilation album released yesterday. I also think that Sony's intended merger with BMG coincided with the release of this album,which,I think,releases any connection with Mikey & Sony,save the publishing interests(which,once again,I believe Sony has a financial interest in the publishing rights)which are not a part of the proposed merger. Mac-BTW-the Beatles' album is selling OK(probably 200,000-not bad for material over 30 years old),but Britney has a lock on #1 this week with probable 500,000+ units,save a last minute rush from either Korn or the Dixie Chicks who are both breaking street date this Friday.

I watched the press conference of the DA and Sherriff. Jackson has a certain amount of time to turn himself in, and that could be days from now. His bail is "only" $3 million, so you know he will be able to post it. Once he turns himself in he must surrender his passport. And unlike that earlier case where he got to buy himself out of trouble, this time they have a victim who is willing to talk to the authorities about everything. Also, unlike the earlier case, the victim must testify if so ordered to do so. The DA said this law was changed after Jackson got away with the last episode.

I had a good laugh when the DA said he had heard that Jackson was complaining that this incident was to derail his new album, and the DA said he could care less about whatever project was working on, it's not his kind of music anyway. Apparently they were prepared to do this a few weeks ago, but they needed the sherriff's department to use his men to control the Halloween crowds that decend on Santa Barbara every year.

If the charges are true, I hope Jackson ends up in prison with large, lonely men in a dark, damp cell. He would deserve it. :confused:

Capt. Bacardi

Photo of the police motorcade today:

michael_jackson_on_the_run.jpg

Harry :wink:

:bigevil: :bigevil: :bigevil: :bigevil: :bigevil: :bigevil: :bigevil:

Like I say, into the dust bin of history with this guy...

The truly sad part will be if he comes back from this event bigger than ever... :mad:

What's more, in the ill-fated "interview" special, Jackson was shown with his arm around a kid who had to be at least ten or eleven-years-old, with the kid carrying on about how "natural" it was to sleep with him. What's up with that? And his parents supposedly "allow" such behavior? What are they trying to prove -- that a night in Jackson's bedroom is a normal as apple pie? There's nothing normal about him, no matter which way you cut it.

Let the cards fall where they may. This guy has to be mentally disturbed to believe there is nothing wrong with his actions. Feeling and/or acting like a kid doesn't give an adult license to sleep with one. It's stomach-turning.

Jon

Yeah, I heard some commentator say today that maybe people like Jackson really don't think they are harming the child, that they really think they are showing love or affection. Rubbish says me! And if he is found guilty they need to throw away the key, I don't believe pedophiles can be cured or even rehabilitated. You let them out and they will do it again.

Let's face it: he's an 11-year-old in a 45-year-old's body. The police are very hungry on this one. If they found the evidence they're looking for, it's going to get ugly, and turn into one helluva media circus.

Makes me wonder just how much more of a "media circus" this guy's life can be? Neil does have a valid point: he is a 45-year-old man in an 11-year-old body. To him, he has done nothing wrong. As he said in his ill-fated TV special, he sees nothing wrong with kids sharing his bed...just look at McCauly Caulkin and the movies of he and Michael running around Neverland when the kid was all of 9-years-old. Very, very disturbing.

Jon

it's going to get ugly, and turn into one helluva media circus

"Going to?" What would you call it now?

Pretty amazing...we've got the president in England and getting tons of protests, bombings in Istanbul, and what's wall-to-wall on the news? Michael Jackson's 2-second clip of him dangling the kid, followed by a 2-second clip of him in handcuffs, followed by a 2 second clip of him waving, etc etc etc etc.

Ever see that movie called "The Langoliers" by Stephen King, I believe? You know, the creatures who ate up the past?

I think the Langoliers should come after Michael...into the dust bin with him...feed him to the Langoliers...

Captain Bacardi said:
I watched the press conference of the DA and Sherriff. Jackson has a certain amount of time to turn himself in, and that could be days from now. His bail is "only" $3 million, so you know he will be able to post it.

HIM posting $3 Million for his bail is like ME having to post $20 BUCKS for MY bail. Jacko's gettin' off real CHEAP! :wtf:

Captain Bacardi said:
If the charges are true, I hope Jackson ends up in prison with large, lonely men in a dark, damp cell. He would deserve it. :confused: Capt. Bacardi

Well, I can't wait to hear about him DANCIN' TO THE JAILHOUSE ROCK!!! :bigevil:

Dave

Captaindave said:
Ever see that movie called "The Langoliers" by Stephen King, I believe? You know, the creatures who ate up the past?

I think the Langoliers should come after Michael...into the dust bin with him...feed him to the Langoliers...

That would be awfully mean to the Langoliers. :laugh: :D

Rudy said:
Captaindave said:

That would be awfully mean to the Langoliers. :laugh: :D

And one helluva "Insanity Plea"! :wink:

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom