• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

What album are these tracks from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonely bull

Hi everyone - have just been leafing thru my Herb vinyl collection and found a L.P. which has 3 tracks listed that are on the upcoming " Lost Treasures " CD. The album is a compilation called " This Guy's in Love with You " ( not to be confused with the album of the same name released by A&M ) the L.P. is on the Music For Pleasure label ( no date ) and the 3 tracks are: Fire and rain, Promises promises and Alone again ( naturally ). The thing is, none of these tracks feature on any of Herb's " official " albums.Maybe it's worth an absolute fortune, maybe I won't have to find a job, maybe I'll become a massive celeb - but then again maybe not!

"Fire and Rain" was the B-side to the song "Fox Hunt". And "Fox Hunt", "Promises, Promises" and "Alone Again (Naturally)" are from the 1974 Tijuana Brass album You Smile--The Song Begins. Other than on your LP on the Music For Pleasure label (I have this same one), "Fire and Rain" only exists as a B-side.

Do any of our other UK members know if You Smile--The Song Begins was available in the UK, or is easy to find? I see a lot of these on eBay.

Rudy - Yes, I actually have this album too! OOPS! I had forgot about that one - never thought to look on it though! I think I bought it from a car boot sale - it was available in the U.K - NICE ONE RUDY, GLAD SOMEONE IS AWAKE!

I don't know if I qualify as being "awake" this morning :D, but glad to help nonetheless. Welcome aboard! :wave:

As I mentioned in my posting in the Soundfiles" thread, FIRE AND RAIN also appeared in the UK on the excellent October 1973 A&M foursider "PORTRAIT OF HERB ALPERT" along with LAST TANGO IN PARIS, and LA VIRGIN DE MAC ARENA.

YOU SMILE - THE SONG BEGINS was certainly released in the UK. I got my promo copy the day I was due to do a radio interview with Herb and Lani. It went well, and afterwards he invited me to the TJB gig as his guest. A special moment.

Rudy said:
"Fire and Rain" was the B-side to the song "Fox Hunt".

I have "Fire And Rain" as the B-side to "Last Tango In Paris" (A&M 1423). The 45 of "Fox Hunt" that I have has "I Can't Go On Living, Baby, Without You" as the B-side (A&M 1526).

Capt. Bacardi

Rudy said:
"Fire and Rain" was the B-side to the song "Fox Hunt".

My copy of "Fox Hunt" (on the early '70s tan label) has "I Can't Go On Living Baby, Without You." Just like the Captain!!

Jon

I don't have many TJB 45s, but those two I do have -- and those are the tracks. I distinctly remember "Last Tango/Fire and Rain" being on an ochre-label 45, and "Fox Hunt/I Can't" being on the silver label.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom