• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

What album/CD was this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newby

Hi folks. I'm new here and I'm trying to figure out which album this was, it could have been a U.S. album or a European one because I grew spend alot of time in Europe as a kid.

The album is one my sister had and if I remember it right, there was a scene of a bullfight on the jacket cover.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.

Was it actually a bullfight, or was it just inside a bullring? The British version of The Lonely Bull has a shot of the TJB playing inside a bullring, and was taken from their first TV special.

Capt. Bacardi

Thanks folks.

Well, I can't say FOR SURE because I was only maybe 8 or 10 years old. But I'm 90% sure it was a bull fighting ring...whether it was an actual bull fight or them playing I don't know. And a British version could make sense because we spent a little time in England (my sister still has a British version Cliff Richard album).

Any chance someone has a link to that album cover?

In any case, I'll get a copy of The Lonely Bull and see if it's the same music, I'll probably recognize it.

hello, and welcome to the A&M Corner newby
I have been a TJB since 1965 and what the other have said there is no tjb US album that has that, unless your talking about the 45 single picture sleeves. now spanish flea has them in a bullring, and back of the a banda picture sleeve with miss frenchy brown, or unless your getting into the foreign 45 single EPs that were from australia now those have on some cartoon drawings of a bull and some do have bullfight drawings. but as far as no, there was no US version that has what you discribed.
so hoped that help you out.
bob papp

No, I don't think there were any vocals at all. But I only remember one side of the album that well. I'm not much help am I?

And it was definitely a full-length LP and not a 45.

Thanks for trying folks...I'll keep looking and if I figure it out, I'll let you know. And if anyone has any more ideas or a link or photo of the British Lonely Bull album, I'd love to see it.

This is the cover of the German Lonely Bull album. I'm guessing it's ther same as the British version?

eurolonely.jpg

(Pardon the quick & dirty scan)

Harry
...where the snow is piling up bigtime, online...

Thanks for the picture. That's not the one I remember...maybe I just hallucinated the whole thing!!!

Greg Shannon said:
That is one ugly album cover . . .

Greg Shannon :cool:

Are you allowed to say that in this forum? lol

Newby said:
Thanks for the picture. That's not the one I remember...maybe I just hallucinated the whole thing!!!

Greg Shannon said:
That is one ugly album cover . . .

Greg Shannon :cool:

Are you allowed to say that in this forum? lol

Yes! And it IS plug-ugly!

Harry
...calling it as he sees it, online...

All the UK versions I've seen were exactly the same as the US release (except of course for the record company logo in the case of EMI Stateside).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom