• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

What are Your thoughts now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonely bull

Well, here we are almost at the end of 2006 and it's still very quiet regarding any further re-issues. What are Your thoughts? Do You still feel positive? Anyone heard any rumours? As the saying goes " it's all gone quiet over there ". :?:

Well, given that I just spent a bunch of time painstakingly transferring the rest of my Herb Alpert LPs onto CDs, I'm sure we'll be hearing about new resissues any day now. :wink:

Nathan Strum said:
Well, given that I just spent a bunch of time painstakingly transferring the rest of my Herb Alpert LPs onto CDs, I'm sure we'll be hearing about new resissues any day now. :wink:

You are not alone!

Mike

cloud.gif
oo :|

--That's What I Think!!!​

Dave :rolleyes:

Very frustrated that the reissues were not completed with the Signature Series project, but I am forever hopeful. However, given the lenghth of time it has taken HA to reach this stage, I will probably be six-feet-under befoe it happens!

Len

Likewise, I am very frustrated that ALL of the TJB material hasn't been released. I think I am in the minority here in this forum but I really want "The Brass are Coming" released. Seeing how it's been about 18 months since the last of the Signature Series has been released, I think this project is finished. However, I keep holding onto a sliim thread of hope by remembering Randy's comment that ALL the material would be released !!

Doing my part...bought Christmas Album this weekend. My gut tells me the reissues won't go to Volume II, Warm, The Brass Are Comin' and Summertime, though.

If Herb's reading: Sales figures from 35 years ago shouldn't be used to determine whether these are remastered and reissued. Artistic merit should. Volume II was a fine album, Warm is exquisite, The Brass Are Comin' has many worthwhile moments and Summertime contains your first work with Lani.

Oh, and (after reading the new liner notes for the Christmas Album) the piano on My Favorite Things was just right.

---Michael Hagerty

I look forward to life's challenges and life's rewards on 2007. I look forward to getting healthier, finding new employment, expanding my CD and LP collection (more A&M and more Columbia, WB, 20th Century, etc.......... I still want to aim towards college. It's been difficult but something will happen if I work hard enough to want it.

I apologize, I forgot this was the Herb Alpert forum, I mistakenly thought this was the "For Animals Only" forum. I apologize for that. I definitely want the latter Herb albums. TJB and solo, Especially the solo works. I had a copy of "Beyond" on 8-track and found it to be an awesome album. Especially like the cover of "That's The Way Of The World". I'd happy to get an LP copy.

alonely bull in paradise said:
...I apologize... ...I forgot this was the Herb Alpert forum... ...I mistakenly thought this was the "For Animals Only" forum...

Ah, but we've GOT a Place for expressing our thoughts, there, my friend...:
meditate.gif

Even if it is more Foo-Fah 'bout Wanting MORE Herb Reissues...! :laugh:

* ...Warm, Warm, Summertime, Brass Are Comin' and ...Volume 2...Yes, ...Volume 2...Hey, Shout Factoreee'eee...Hey, Shout Factoreee'eee... :D

Dave

*...To the Tune of "Up, Up And Away"... :goofygrin:

i think it is high time,that herb alpert should start releasing the last six albums with the tijuana brass on cd.i sent shout factory a e mail,in regarding about the rest of the tijuana brass album's being released on cd.they told me,that they have got a lot of nasty e mail's about herb alpert.i hope herb alpert will release the rest of the tijauana albums cd.

In case anyone is interested, I just got this response from Shout Factory in answer to my email regarding the rest of the reissues........."At this time we have no information regarding future re-issues of Herb Alpert's music." It doesn't sound very promising, does it?

Well, with the flood of "Nasty eMails", then why shouldn't it?! If that's all that's intended to be reissued then so be it... But lo-and-behold, if more will come then we'll be Happy To See!!!

Anyway, there's a lot of good music I hope to see Under the Tree this Christmas, if not maybe Santa will bring it next year...

I'll wait 'til then...meanwhile, "It's Been Nice"...

Dave

I've remasterd my own version of "Volume 2" and
it sounds great, and probably better than if the
Signature Series project had tried it. So I don't
need any more from the Signature Series. Sorry!

But, if they do release it...sure I'll purchase!! :tongue:

At this point, I have no particular thoughts on the topic of further reissues.

If more albums are reissued, I will consider purchasing them.

If not, I have received more than I ever expected I would see on the CD format regarding the 1960s TJB recordings - LB through BOTB. I would be interested in WARM and VOLUME 2, but if they are not reissued, I will be able to accept that and be content with the project to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom