what happened to melinda macleod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked about Melinda over a year ago (maybe longer) and nobody answered up. She seems to have disappeared without a musical related trace. Maybe doing “Small Circle of Friends” was just a lark; after all, she was the sister of Murray MacLeod. He could have said something like, “Hey Sis, were going to cut a record today, you wanna come along and sing with us"?

Anyway, I hope you have better luck getting an answer than I did.

Regards,
Mike

From the liner notes to the Rev-Ola Records release of the SMALL CIRCLE OF FRIENDS album, written by Steve Stanley in January of 2005:

Melinda relocated to Virginia, where she worked for Congressman Duncan Hunter for 22 years. She just retired last March, and has fond memories of her time singing with Roger and Murray. Melinda offers: "We did have a blend. You couldn't tell the difference between my voice and my brother's voice. You just couldn't. Even today when I listen to it, I think, 'Gee, is that me, or is that my brother?' It was amazing to me how simple it was for three people to get together to make an album back in those days. Here we were, just kids off the street, basically, that came and were able to get as far as we did. I think it's kind of amazing. I don't think you could do that anymore. You've got to know somebody now."

Sorry Mike, that I didn't have these notes to answer your question back then - it's just a case of timing I guess!

Harry

Hey! Thanks Harry... as usual, you're a font of information.

Timing is everything!

Regards,
Mike

Wow! I'm going to have to ask Duncan Hunter (my congressman from here in San Diego) about Melinda... I wonder if she was his secretary in DC when I dropped by his office there in 2001?

--Mr Bill

Mr Bill said:
Wow! I'm going to have to ask Duncan Hunter (my congressman from here in San Diego) about Melinda... I wonder if she was his secretary in DC when I dropped by his office there in 2001?

--Mr Bill

Damn...small world!!

...???

I second that... In the World of A&M Non-LP Singles, you'd have thought a '45', or Two would'a come out...

"Outt'a The Music Biz???" --Well, Gayle McCormick of the group Smith, who also made a Solo album, all on Dunhill/ABC Records worked at a Sears Regional Coprorate Office (and still might) so anything's possible...

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom