• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

What song would you dedicate to Herb Alpert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yazmin_Salinas

Hello, A&Mers:

We all know that Herb not only has been an excellent trumpeter, but also the founder of A&M, etc... This time, I want you to post here the songs you would dedicate to Herb Alpert. I'll post first:

1. "You can do magic" (America).

2. "Happy man" (Chicago).

3. "I'll stand by you" (Pretenders).

I Have Dreamed – Rogers & Hammerstein
Baby You’re a Rich man – Lennon & McCartney
Something Big – Burt Bacharach & Hal David

We've Only Just Begun -- Paul Williams, The Carpenters, Jack Jones, Mark Lindsay, Andy Williams, Billy Eckstein, Claudine Longet...etc.

Dave :cool:

I would say a tune that he recorded on Midnight Sun....."Smile", or one that he recorded on "Keep Your Eye on Me": "Stranger on the Shore". Those songs give me the essence of his horn and sound...solo-wise. "Stranger on the Shore" has always been a favourite of mine.

Greetings. One of my all time favorite's is "Tangerine". It is one of my most favorite Herb songs. I also really love ' Cant stop thinking about you", from "Second Wind". Also, Herb's arrangement of "Funny Valentine". I tend to dig the minor keys, and a ballad played on a horn has the magic of no words.

Okay, stupid as this may sound:
I'd dedicate "Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White". I was about 7 (a half-century ago) when I first heard this (my father's LP), played it a million times, and because of it fell in love with the sound of the trumpet.

It was inevitable that I would later fall for Herb Alpert. And his Brass. Heh.

i would dedicate "like a lover" by brasil 66 to herb.

that's a magic song to me. lani's flawless singing, of course, and especially the arrangement of the strings.

it always takes me somewheres else. somewhere high and full of summer. every single time.

that's for you herb. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom