• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

What's Herb and Lani playing on tour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aymnostalgico

I am going to the Naperville, Illinois show on 9/27/09.

Can someone give me information on what Herb and Lani are playing at their tour and if at least anything from the new album will be showcased?

If any members are going to this show I would love to meet up take a round of pictures and talk a&m corner stuff :wink:

Re the set list...wouldn't you rather be pleasantly surprised? I know I would.

I am certain they'll play some or all of the new album -- they will probably have stacks of them at the 'merch' table so why not, eh?

I think the most recent show we have a set list from came earlier this year from member CherryStreet at Campbell Hall. His review listed these:

FASCINATING RYTHYM
PARARAIO
BESAME MUCHO
THAT OLD BLACK MAGIC
DINORAH
IT'S ONLY A PAPER MOON
LET’S FACE THE MUSIC & DANCE
MORNING COFFEE
I’VE GOWN ACCUSTOMED TO HER FACE
TJB MEDLEY
BERIMBAO
WHO ARE YOU?
O PATO
ANYTHING GOES
I’VE GOT YOU UNDER MY SKIN
LAURA
JOBIM MEDLEY

...so that's a pretty fair selection of tunes from the new album!

My guess is that Herb and the gang, as always, will go where the music leads them, and play whatever feels right at the time, and surround the core set tunes from the album with some extras that will vary each night of the tour.

Harry

There were the songs that they performed at the six original Vibrato dates, which started this whole thing off. And, in the recent interview H & L did with Tony Currie, Lani said that they would have more songs for their upcoming performances.

In response to the question asked in this thread's subject line, "What's Herb & Lani Playing On Tour?" I just have to say 'Herb is playing trumpet and and Lani, her voice.'

--Mr Bill
(sorry -- I couldn't resist)

Mr Bill said:
In response to the question asked in this thread's subject line, "What's Herb & Lani Playing On Tour?" I just have to say 'Herb is playing trumpet and and Lani, her voice.'

--Mr Bill
(sorry -- I couldn't resist)

I think I would choose you as "best answer" if we were on Yahoo answers :laugh:

Harry said:
I think the most recent show we have a set list from came earlier this year from member CherryStreet at Campbell Hall. His review listed these:

FASCINATING RYTHYM
PARARAIO
BESAME MUCHO
THAT OLD BLACK MAGIC
DINORAH
IT'S ONLY A PAPER MOON
LET’S FACE THE MUSIC & DANCE
MORNING COFFEE
I’VE GOWN ACCUSTOMED TO HER FACE
TJB MEDLEY
BERIMBAO
WHO ARE YOU?
O PATO
ANYTHING GOES
I’VE GOT YOU UNDER MY SKIN
LAURA
JOBIM MEDLEY

...so that's a pretty fair selection of tunes from the new album!

My guess is that Herb and the gang, as always, will go where the music leads them, and play whatever feels right at the time, and surround the core set tunes from the album with some extras that will vary each night of the tour.

Harry

Besame mucho? I wonder if she'll sing a few more in Spanish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom