What's in your CD Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Bacardi said:
Sorry, but I wouldn't listen to this useless crap even if you put a gun to my head. I hate the f@#$%&* Bee Gees!!! :cussing:

...a rather extreme view...

Harry
...much more tolerant (except for Kenny G. and one Whitney Houston song), online...

Well, tastes are different, Captain Bacardi, or as the old Romans put it: De gustibus non disputandem.

But in defense of the Bee Gees, let me say this:

Bee Gees are international stars, with many hits in many charts all over the world, for the past forty years now.

Herb Alpert had some hits in the US, but that's long ago. He is unknown outside US.

Bruno

waiting for Captain Bacardi to send some Enterprise torpedos to Bonn..... :wink:

In my CD player right now:

Olivia Newton-John: (2)
Celine Dion: A New Day Has Come
Bananarama: Exotica
A couple of Kylie Minogue CDs

Murray

NP: "Kids" - Kylie Minogue and Robbie Williams

Note to Harry... did you get The Corrs "Best Of" DVD yet? Finally got mine, and it was worth the wait!

Bruno said:
Well, tastes are different, Captain Bacardi, or as the old Romans put it: De gustibus non disputandem.

But in defense of the Bee Gees, let me say this:

Bee Gees are international stars, with many hits in many charts all over the world, for the past forty years now.

Herb Alpert had some hits in the US, but that's long ago. He is unknown outside US.

Bruno

waiting for Captain Bacardi to send some Enterprise torpedos to Bonn..... :wink:

Bruno, are you forgetting all those German, Japanese, British and Canadian import releases of TJB material? Also, Definitive Hits was the object of a major marketing effort in Scandanavia not long after its' release...Herb Alpert has been very popular in Japan, doing a lot of TV commercials...

Dan, saying..."Save the torpedoes, the boat won't float anyway..." :wink:

In my CD player at the moment is the four disc Carpenters Essential Collection. This morning I listened to the TJB's South Of The Border and this afternoon, the TJB's Whipped Cream And Other Delights. I'd started last week with the first two TJB's, so I continued that trend this morning. Given the upcoming date of 20 years since Karen Carpenter died, I suspect I'll be gravitating towards Carpenters stuff this week.

Murray: Yes, I got my Corrs Best Of DVD last week. It's terrific, though I spoiled it just a little bit by getting the Asian VCD a week earlier. It's not half-bad either, but the clarity and smoothness of the DVD is amazing.

One thing I've heard others complain about is the 5.1 mix on "Breathless." That's an odd mix, but the way to tame it down is to set your center speakers and rear speakers at the same level as your main stereo speakers. For movies, I tend to boost the center channel to make the dialog punch through better, and usually set the rear speakers a few db higher as well. Movies sound great that way, but "Breathless" is mixed a little differently. Andrea's lead vocal is spread between the two main stereo speakers, so if the others are set higher, they drown out her lead track. Thanks again for the tip about HMV carrying the Region 1 DVD.

Harry
NP: Corrs BEST OF DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.