Which CDs do you listen to these days? [Now Spinning 2009]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can also confirm that the Beatles remasters are quite good. Being in radio, we had access to both the stereo and mono sets for the last couple of weeks. And it's about all I've been listening to.

The discs sound ever so much more natural, smooth, silky, and other good adjetctives. The bass is improved without being thumpy - the drums sound like drums - and the vocals don't have that nasty edge they had on the '87 CDs.

I've got my own mono box on order that should arrive sometime within a week, and I'll drive around tomorrow in search of either a rogue stereo box or just pick up the individual discs.

But these are keepers - a great representation of the full Beatles official catalog. Seek out the limited mono set online - don't get shut out.

Harry

Keep an eye on Amazon for the mono boxes, too--you can sign up for e-mail alerts, and they'll let you know when they get confirmation on how many more units they'll have.

I posted my thoughts on the reissues in the Beatles thread here in the Small Circle forum.

In between playing Talk To The Animals all day long, I'm spinning these new CDs that I bought last Sunday:

The Beatles -- Past Masters (new remastered version)

Carpenters -- Live In Japan

Herb & Lani -- Anything Goes (Japanese edition)

Ramsey Lewis -- The Piano Player (I really like this CD)

Mike

Today I'm listening to the latest offering from the Sinatra organization:

"Frank Sinatra, Live at the Meadowlands"

Good stuff, great listen for a long road trip.

Mike

I just bought and have been listening to "Anything Goes".

But I've been sitting in with some country pickers lately and have had great fun. So I also bought the CD "The Essentials" of Floyd Cramer so I can study and brush up on my slip-notes. I've also got on order a Marty Robbins album. He was raised and grew up in my neighborhood, he went to my high school and I new his sister.

I'm all over the place. Later................JO :bandit: :wink:

I just got 3 CDs in the mail today!

Al Hirt -- Latin in the Horn

Uniquely Mancini, The Big Band Sound of Henry Mancini

James Carr -- A Man Needs a Woman

I had a tough time deciding which to play first; I settled on Al Hirt (now playing) and so far, it's pretty good!

Mike

I've been on a Ramsey Lewis kick this week:

Goin' Latin - Ramsey Lewis
Bossa Nova - Ramsey Lewis Trio
Hang on Sloopy - Ramsey Lewis
The In Crowd - Ramsey Lewis Trio

I really enjoy his early stuff; that is before he went the funk route.

Wish I gould find a copy of his CD, "Mother Nature's Son".

Mike

I'm staying the Ramsey Lewis course this week and I'm spinning:

Wade In the Water - Ramsey Lewis

I'm playing the Japanese CD re-issue version.

I think I'm liking his early stuff because it has the same piano bar/night club feel to it as Pete Jolly's first two A&M LPs. Just my opinion, off course.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom