• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Why Is The TJB My Favorite All Time Band?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does one pinpoint the reason for timeless quality? Either music has it, or it doesn’t… Herb & the TJB have it.

For me it is simply happy feel-good music... A quality lacking in modern music (and, unfortunatley, lacking in most of Herb's solo efforts post-Fandango)

--Mr Bill

I have lots of favorite music that never gets old. I always enjoy hearing Fleetwood Mac's RUMOURS for example. I think it's just the time of life you're in, when you're experiencing new things -- the ones you really like stick with you.

There really haven't been that many instrumental bands/combos in the pop music industry. My favorites were/are the TJB, BMB, and The Ventures. I also liked Al Hirt's combo. After that one would have had to move into the jazz genre.

I'm always interested in what Mr. A is going to do next but if Julius Wechter was with us today I would be just as interested.

I must confess, of all the CDz I have, the TJB re-issues are the only ones that have their own CD rack. Those old instrumentals touched da soul.

Happy Cinco de Mayo..............J :bandit:

1. Originality - no one ever makes it big like Herb Alpert by copying someone or something else. Herb invented a different, new, and original sound and style with the TJB. Originality in sound, style, and music.

2. High quality performance - these guys could PLAY. Quite often in pop music, the musicians have limited "chops." Not true with the TJB. Top quality musicianship.

3. Quality music - just plain good musical content. Good songs. Good arrangements.

All of this at the right time and place.

It adds up to music that transcends time and circumstances.

Pop Instrumentalists come and go! Herb's music reached across a lot of genre's and throughout all the twists and turns in his career and ANY musician's career, He was somehow here to stay!

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom