• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

đź“Ł News Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wanted a video... you got one :). And we’re getting an overture which sounds suspiciously like the one we heard on the 1976 concert intros.

Richard Carpenter on Instagram: “Bringing the Carpenters overture to life today with the wonderful royal philharmonic orchestra! It is truly an honor.…”

Omg that's what I'm talking about! Love this!
My god... speechless. It's going to everything we think it is and a little more.

Colin is like our documentarian. :laugh:

Hmmm now I have a sneaking suspicion there may be instrumental tracks...
I wonder if the whole thing is planned to be. :hmmm:

Last edited:
Yes, I will be vey disappointed if Karen's vocals do not appear on the majority of tracks.

If many of the multitracks were destroyed in the Universal fire, how could Karen’s vocals and all the overdubbed harmonies be isolated in order to be placed back down onto new backing tracks...if that’s what this album is to be? Does anyone know for sure yet what format this album will take? Calling @Chris May

Last edited:
Courtesy of Colin’s Instagram page. I’d love to be a fly on the wall in Abbey Road studios this week.

A576C80F-310A-42D6-A3E1-ECD352389E02_zpse1yze6ju.jpg

Man, there is no stopping Richard, He is all over it!!

If many of the multitracks were destroyed in the Universal fire, how could Karen’s vocals and all the overdubbed harmonies be isolated in order to be placed back down onto new backing tracks...if that’s what this album is to be? Does anyone know for sure yet what format this album will take? I’ve not seen Chris May on this thread as yet...

I'm no expert on how they will isolate Karen's vocals (CALLING CHRIS MAY!!!) But I can't see this being released as just an instrumental album. Firstly there's the fact that non of the other albums in this series have done that and secondly and most importantly: it wouldn't be commercially successful. I couldn't imagine Richard coming all the way to London and having Abbey Road, The RPO and Universal Music put all of this time and money into an album that would flop and just wouldn't sell with anyone except the fans. This is just too big a project

And Richard precisely called this a "Carpenters" collection. If it were instrumental it would be "Richard Carpenter with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra" not "Carpenters with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra"

Reading Richard’s posts back, he refers to it as an album of “Carpenters music”. No mention of Karen. I’m quite surprised there’s absolutely no publicity about this activity whatsoever, nothing from Universal. It wouldn’t have hurt the project.

And Richard precisely called this a "Carpenters" collection. If it were instrumental it would be "Richard Carpenter with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra" not "Carpenters with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra"

Yes, you have a point. Really it's too early to tell without any other sources to confirm this or not.
But, looking at it now, he didn't specify anything about KC so far and none of the others have an overture...

I don't like to be captain buzz kill. This is pure speculation on my part about instrumental tracks.

It's great news whatever this project will be! I'm very happy for Richard regardless. What he's doing is amazing.
We're wishin and hopin for the best! Whatever happens, in my view, it won't put a damper things.

If many of the multitracks were destroyed in the Universal fire, how could Karen’s vocals and all the overdubbed harmonies be isolated in order to be placed back down onto new backing tracks...if that’s what this album is to be? Does anyone know for sure yet what format this album will take? Calling @Chris May

Those multitracks were backed up in the digital domain years ago. The tapes are gone but the information that was on them isn't.

Ed

I'm no expert on how they will isolate Karen's vocals (CALLING CHRIS MAY!!!) But I can't see this being released as just an instrumental album. Firstly there's the fact that non of the other albums in this series have done that and secondly and most importantly: it wouldn't be commercially successful. I couldn't imagine Richard coming all the way to London and having Abbey Road, The RPO and Universal Music put all of this time and money into an album that would flop and just wouldn't sell with anyone except the fans. This is just too big a project

I'm with you. Karen's voice is going to bless this project. To what degree, who knows?, but her input will be there. After all, this IS the 50th Anniversary CARPENTERS project!

You wanted a video... you got one :). And we’re getting an overture which sounds suspiciously like the one we heard on the 1976 concert intros.

Richard Carpenter on Instagram: “Bringing the Carpenters overture to life today with the wonderful royal philharmonic orchestra! It is truly an honor.…”
I was trying to figure out what songs were in it. Sounds like there’s some “We’ve Only Just Begun” plus I thought I caught a few strains of “Over The Rainbow”.

This is great! It's so wonderful for us to be experiencing this activity with video snippets and having Richard active again with Carpenters' music. Not to sound too corny or overly sentimental, but this development after so many dry years creates a really warm and happy feeling way down in my psyche and in my fan heart! I feel sure the finished product will be tremendous.

Here's my two cents: I'm thinking that this project will be more akin to Christmas Portrait than to Pianist, Arranger, Composer, Conductor (PACC); with segues between songs and an introductory medley building up anticipation for Karen's first note.

I want to hear Goofus with a orchestral movement, what are my chances? Also what about Man Smart Woman Smarter just think what they could do with all those background instruments. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom