1981 Carpenters 45s

Status
Not open for further replies.

andywithaz

I went to a new and used record store and found some 45s. These are in slip cases with pink letters that say A&M memories. Down at the bottom it has copyright 1981.

These are the 45s that I found

Goodbye to Love/Top of the World (they had 2 and I got both)

Sing/Yesterday Once More

(They Long to Be) Close to You/Ticket to Ride

Can anyone give me more information on these :?:

Not much more information to give--they're just singles in A&M's reissue series. Shaking the money maker, in other words. :wink:

Well I currently don't have a working record player so I didn't know if these were different than the original single releases. Are they :?:
Is Ticket to Ride the original version or the 1973 version :?:

To be honest I don't have any of the 3-45's that you have listed. I usually don't collect the memories series, I only have a couple of them. Edit . So I can't tell you what version on on those 45's

However I would be curious to know what version of Ticket to Ride is on that 45.

I'm still looking for the 45 that Harry mentioned earlier regarding "Ticket To Ride", the original stock copy #1142 that is backed with "Your Wonderful Parade". That one is suppose to be different sounding, but I have not come across that one.

....who loves playing tennis, online...

raz42289 said:
I went to a new and used record store and found some 45s. These are in slip cases with pink letters that say A&M memories. Down at the bottom it has copyright 1981.

These are the 45s that I found

Goodbye to Love/Top of the World (they had 2 and I got both)

Sing/Yesterday Once More

(They Long to Be) Close to You/Ticket to Ride

Can anyone give me more information on these :?:
Sounds to me like '81 was the year that A&M revamped its reissue series, heretofore "Forget Me Nots," and reconstituted them as "Memories."

Chris-An Ordinary Fool said:
However I would be curious to know what version of Ticket to Ride is on that 45.
Based on a circa 1971 "Forget Me Nots" copy I have (the label design with the abstract glasses, the A&M logo on the left and "forget me nots" on the right), it'd likely be the "original" version, albeit in stereo to conform with the "Close To You" side, notwithstanding that the original "Ticket" single was mono.* Whether this held up to the revamping of A&M's reissue series or switched at that point to the 1973 re-recording, your guess is as good as mine. Besides, I prefer The Beatles' original version of "Ticket" anyway. :wink:

* But then again, Free's "All Right Now" (#1206) was originally issued in CSG-processed . . . but come the Forget-Me-Nots reissue, became just plain ol' garden-variety stereo.

Chris-An Ordinary Fool said:
....who loves playing tennis, online...

I've found it's easier to play tennis on a standard tennis court. :laugh:

Rudy said:
Aaaaaah, OK. Harry? Chris? Anyone for tennis?

Sorry, I don't own any of those from the Memories series. The only Carpenters Memories 45s I have is "Honolulu City Lights."

As for tennis, I prefer table tennis!

Harry
...lobbing it back, online...

Since nobody has many of these are they rare :?:

Or did you all just not buy them because you already had plenty of 45s :?:

There by no means rare. I just prefer to collect the original 45's whenever possible.

I did pick up one of those other reissues called Forget Me Knots the one with the finger with a string around it. It was the MCD single. I was really suprised to find that it was actually the original recording of Karen on that song & not the re-record that she did. It was in great condition too, So some of the re-issues are not a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom