• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

20th Century Masters:DVD Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

There seems to be alot of artist lately that have been having DVD releases from the 20th Century Masters.

They did a Carpenters audio CD, soooo do you think a DVD could be in the works? Maybe some live DVD footage?

Just found out today that Olivia Newtion-John will have DVD of 5 videos released in March by 20th Centtury Masters Collection, pretty darn exciting cause Olivia has not released 1 single DVD at all, period.

I've also seen Donna Summer has one also by 20th Century, Best Buy I think carries these, so I am looking forward to picking up Olivia's there next month. 20th Century is also pricing these at less than $10.00.

I hope they do one for the Carpenters & contains possible bonus videos of live material. What do you think? Possible??

There was a recent feature in Billboard that UMG were planning a whole series of low price / budget DVD releases to bring in music fans and stimulate sales for main music DVD's.

Donna Summer, Olivia Newton -John , ABBA , Barry White and several Motown acts are among the early releases between February > April 2004 period :)

Only 5 video films will be included to keep prices down ....perhaps Richard will agree to Carpenters release for Fall 2004 ?

If Richard agrees to this DVD release -my selections would be :

Close to You ( original video or 1970's TV performance)

We've Only Just Begun ( 1972 Bob Hope Special performance)

Top of The World ( 1976 TV Special performance)

Please Mister Postman (1974 Video)

I Need To Be In Love (1976 film ) :cool:

-As these Mini-DVD's need to appeal to widest possible audience and not just Carpenters die-hards -major hits need to be included ....and not other favourites from TV Specials ...such as When I Fall In Love and From This Moment On .... :wink:

Any other selections / video/ TV performances ?

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom