30th Anniversary coverage of Karen's death

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, I have never felt that America treated Carpenters with respect. Always a snide remark, or a belittling of their musical
accomplishments. It has been very difficult to find many positive newspaper or magazine articles from America, in regards
to Karen and Richard. Even at her passing, Karen got very little news coverage compared with so many other celebrities.
In record stores in the olden days, they were relegated to the Easy Listening bin, or vocal group section, but not where they
belonged, alongside their peers in the Pop/Rock section. I'd go to the "C" section, and not find anything, only to discover
that they were (mis) placed in another section of music, getting less traffic and consequently less sales!

Count me in as one who really enjoys Akiko's voice. I am particularly fond of "Only the Angels Know" and "China River".

Count me in as one who really enjoys Akiko's voice. I am particularly fond of "Only the Angels Know" and "China River".

I agree...and what about "The Reply" that is perhaps my favorite track on the entire CD, many have said that "Only The Angels Know" is the song they most "hear" Karen singing but equally when I hear Akiko sing "The Reply"....this song just gives me goosebumps...for me it's such a typical Carpenters song and I hear Karen singing this and putting her unique phrasing and breath control. It's Akiko's song but I hear Karen singing all over this one!!! I'm so happy I have this CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom