• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

35th Anniversary Set...# of copies printed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris May

Resident ‘Carpenterologist’
Staff member
Well, I am happy to say that despite the fact that I received a damaged set a couple of weeks ago (due to poor shipping), I was able to get it returned and replaced through another dealer, as the new one I reveived Monday is perfect! I was wondering however, does anyone know exactly how many of these things were printed? I know the set from '98 was around 2,300.... -Chris

I thought that the box set was numbered? I could have sworn that the earler box set years ago was numbered. I thought I saw that on ebay.

So I just assumed that this box set would also be numbered since it is a limited edition. Chris are you sure that the box is not numbered?

...whose still deciding to order & needs to decide very soon, online...

Oh yeah, its definitely numbered...but that doesn't tell me how many were actually printed. I was just wondering. -Chris

Oh, I get it. I thought that it might have been printed ...55 of 2500 on the box. Isn't that how limited edition numbering usually is? Strange it doesn't say that on the box. Hopefully someone will find out how many were actually made. Good point.

Yuka surprised me with the Box Set limit of 2000 .... :o

That is a very limited edition ....perhaps as with 1998 set release -more individual mini-sleeve CD's will eventually appear on the market .... :?:

Snap up this limited edition ASAP .....

Peter
Slowly listening to this latest edition

WOW... Thanks Peter for obtaining that info! It even more limited than the 30th.... -Chris

Well, I can tell you that about a year and a half ago, I tried to get a sealed copy of the 30th Anniversary on ebay, and the bidding closed out at just under $1,200 dollars. That was only a few years following its release. Pretty amazing. I intend to keep mine sealed as I have been fortunate enough to view everything inside of another set (in other words, the thrill and surprise is gone). :) -Chris

I am going to open mine too. I can't wait to see the mini lps and the new liner notes. Wonder what the 40th or the 50th anniverary box set holds. Maybe they will be remastered into 5.1 or 6.1 surround sound. Hopefully :!: :D

Met Yuka at Heathrow as she caught connecting flight to Tokyo -we had a wide ranging chat on Icelandic music , air travel , flight guards and many things Carpenters -related .... :!:

We both agreed that with the number of Carpenters collectors and fans out there and growing ....2000 limited edition is simply ridiculous ....Universal in USA & UK should issue this special mini-sleeves Box Set for all local fans -so that at least 10000 to 20000 are available for all ....with current interest and sales ....no problem in selling all these copies :)

Yuka did reveal that unlike in 1998 / early 1999 -only the Box Sets will be available -there are no plans at present to issue each mini -sleeve CD album individually ....which is another disappointment to those fans seeking out favourite albums or wanting Ticket to Ride sleeve / artwork to complete their collection :sad:

Peter

The more I think about this 2000 copies, the more I think this is way too low for Carpenters fans worldwide. I mean in Japan alone, 2000 could sell within a couple days, right? There are huge amounts of Japan fans of the Carpenters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom