• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

5th Dimension Travelling Sunshine Show on DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutupndance

Hey,

This might be old news but the 5th Dimension Travelling Sunshine Show with The Carpenters and Dionne Warwick as guests is going to be released on DVD in Canada next week (I think it has been out in the US for some time). I am excited for this as I have never seen this show before and while loving the Carpenters, I also appreciate the music of the 5th Dimension and Dionne. Any interesting things in this show? I know the Carpenters sing Reason to Believe and Superstar. Are they the same performances from the Interpretations DVD? Any insight to this program would be great.

Hi, guys.
The first time Yesterday Once More video was released, this 5th dimension show was also available on video.
Around that time, the Japanese fan club used to have a video concert for fan club members using material from Carpenters own shows and other artists' shows and this segment from the Travelling Sunshine Show was really a bonus. Because you could see Karen and Richard in a different setting and clothes. And we fan club staff memebers would often wonder why Richard wouldn't release it because of its beauty.

A little while ago, on a different forum, I heard that this show is now available on dvd. If you enjoy a variety of music, it won't hurt you to have this classic show.

I know I bought my VHS copy at TOWER about five years ago. It seems to me I remember seeing it there as recently as last year. In it The Fifth Dimension is having of a carpentry problem of sorts and say something to the effect of "what we need are some CarpenterS". Guess who? On the back of the VHS box it lists a song called "Someone Like You". When I saw this I almost...well you know. Surprised to find out that it was Reason To Believe. Superstar is also showcased and that's about it except for a wave goodbye at program's end.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom