• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

A CD MANY OF US WISH EXISTED...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Bill

Gentlemanly Curmudgeon
Staff member

Here it is. Once I get my new used turntable to work properly I plan to make this CD... Of course, I'm counting back from 4101 (Bull) and 4100 (Canadian Lucille Starr) so it's A&M SP4099...

--Mr Bill

sp4099full.jpg

And I made a quick fix -- I had a title wrong initially...

--Mr Bill
off to do some ignoring

That's proof of the wonders of technology. Up until now the parallel universe of "LPs which might have been" was just a dream.
JB

PS: Bring on that Kenjolairs' LP, etc.

Hey, Mr. Bill...would you do an album cover for me someday?

Don't laugh...I'd really like to do one, and I almost have enough material...it's kinda all over the place...but it's comin'!

Dan, wondering if he should call his collection AURAL GRATIFICATION or THE ECLECTIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA PRESENTS...

Mr Bill said:
Here it is. Once I get my new used turntable to work properly I plan to make this CD... Of course, I'm counting back from 4101 (Bull) and 4100 (Canadian Lucille Starr) so it's A&M SP4099...

--Mr Bill

sp4099full.jpg

Gee. This looks like a stereo copy. That's got to be near impossible to find, since all of the tracks from the singles are mono! I think it needs to be redone as LP 099.

Then I want a nicely CD-sized, printable copy!

Harry
NP: radio at work

I figured if anybody caught that it would be you, Harry! Actually I plan to "stereo-ize" them whan I get around to doing it...

--Mr Bill
noting, of course, that the actual 2-letter prefix would be neither SP nor LP -- it would be CD!

I'll keep my CD in mono. :wink: I remember what a sonic disaster "rechanneled" stereo was in the mid-late 60's. Maybe in the coming year or two I'll start getting these singles rounded up so I can do my own high-res 24/96 DVD-Audio version.

Yeah - keep that fake stereo stuff away. Give me REAL mono, the way the songs were intended to be heard!

Harry
...purist, online...

...and kill the no-noise and the compression too! :laugh:

I wonder what it would cost for someone to round up all those early non-A&M singles' master tapes and put them onto CD? It would probably be a dud sales-wise, but then again, as curious as some folks are, it could be a surprise seller too.

It might be neat if we made our own "fantasy" album covers and posted them here. :)

Rudy said:
It might be neat if we made our own "fantasy" album covers and posted them here. :)

Wow! What a great idea. I'll start by doing a Dore Alpert cover!

--Mr Bill
heavy on the sarcasm...

I have a couple of compilation ideas in mind. If I get creative with the scanner and Photoshop, I can pull off some good ones. :wink:

It might be neat if we made our own "fantasy" album covers and posted them here.

Cool idea! I've done several Herbs, Sergios and one Baja. I've never posted an image here so maybe I'll try it with a couple of mine. If I ever get any spare time ...

This makes me wish we could bring back our "A&M In A Parallel Universe" Thread. Where we posted those "albums" from 3999-back, which were really Unreleased LP's or LP's made by A&M artists who only made singles.

As for "fantasy album covers", I've made a few of those, too. :wink:

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom