• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

A good ebay experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimac51

Between the law breaking and "ebay madness" stories here and on other music boards I visit,I thought I'd share a recent POSITIVE ebay win with a Brasil '66 theme. Shortly after I became an occasional ebay participant,there was a great package for bid- about 25 Sergio Mendes 45 RPM singles-Atlantic,A&M and possibly a couple of other labels. Wow! A place where someone had more Mendes 45s than I would have even thought existed-just step right up and bid. I can't recall if I bid or whether it was already beyond my means(it was not outrageous,just beyond my limits),but it didn't matter-25 Mendes singles at one swoop-this really was gonna be a place to watch. Recently I was able to score a minor version of that dream batch-15 singles and 5 picture sleeves(what I really wanted) for a fairly decent price. The package was as advertised(all A&Ms except one Atlantic,only one reissue,one actual white label promo and some moderate wear.The sleeves were just as the guy listed-872-"The Frog",924-"The Look of Love",961-"Fool on the Hill",986,'Scarborough Fair" and 1049-"Pretty World". All but one of the singles were packed in label sleeves,so the guy had to put the PS singles in A&M sleeves for them-a nice touch and proof that this guy cares about 45s. I was an early Mendes fan(an addict from "Mais Que Nada")and never felt a need to buy the 45 versions and PS availability were always hit or miss. It's nice to catch up on some missed stuff at a reasonable price. Mac

Now you'll have to clue us in as to whether or not the single versions differ from the album versions... :wink: I don't know if there would be as many differences here as opposed to TJB singles/albums.

Yeah,the actual music content in this package has few surprises. A lazy edit of "Norwegian Wood" is about the noticable difference so far. I haven't had time to make LP/45/CD comparisons,but if anything sounds different,Ill give a heads up. Picture sleeves are nice,though,and are going into my A&M memories binder. Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom