A Kind of Hush Japan CD Different Artwork?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottb

Hi all,

I stumbled on a review of this CD on Amazon and the reviewer mentioned that the jewel case version from Japan has better and different artwork than the US remastered classics version. I was hoping that someone here might have a pressing of the 2000 Japanese Jewel case version and be able to elaborate on the details of the booklet and back insert.

Below is the post from the reviewer on Amazon.

Many Thanks

Scott B

Lastly, the jacket artwork was way ahead of its time and for those who have the original LP would know what I meant (Unfortunately, the printing for the CD booklet doesn't do much justice unless you have a Japanese copy or the limited edition copy that was packaged like a miniaturized LP jacket. For the limited edition copy, like the original LP jacket, the underside of the jacket was printed with the Carpenters logo, incredible!)

Scott, I believe the reviewer is referring to the mini-LP style that was released by itself in Japan as well as for inclusion in the box sets. Those have the intereior of the "jacket" printed with the Carpenters logo just like the LP did. I don't believe the jewel-box version, if there was one in Japan would have anything like that - just like the case here in the States.

Harry

I have the LP and mini LP but I don't know what the reviewer meant.

LP Hope you can see these links.
ramblerjp-img600x450-1102662875carpenters-d1.jpg

ramblerjp-img600x450-1102662891carpenters-d2.jpg

keiko_n2002jp-img600x450-1094538801p1010020.jpg

CD paper sleeve in jewel(?)-case
kouzoutanabe-img394x398-1058768177kami16_1.jpg

kouzoutanabe-img399x395-1058768185kami16_2.jpg

I have seen LP "A Kind Of Hush" Japanese release at an old record shop recently. The inside didn't have the logos but white paper.

Sakura

This is generally the case with any jewel case release vs. original LP or Japanese mini-LP. That's why the mini's are worth so much more than the standard jewel. -Chris

Thanks to everyone for the quick replies.

I thought the person at Amazon was talking about a Jewel case version in Japan but have re-read his post and think Harry is right that he meant the mini LP CD releases- the individual ones and the box set.

Thanks again,

Scott B

This CD looks cool....almost exactly the way the original LP looked! Gotta get it to match the vinyl!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom