• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

A&M 50th anniversary radio special

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAZZ4JEFF

Keep your ears open in the next few weeks regarding a brand new radio special in honor of A&M's 50th anniversary. It is being offered to stations right now. Here is the description:

A&M 50th ANNIVERSARY – A MISSION TO ROCK

One hour special celebrates 50th anniversary of A&M records by looking back at the label’s great rock bands and artists and how their records became classics – great for labor day weekend!
Music by The Police, Styx, Supertramp, Joe Cocker, Soundgarden and more. Interviews include Sting, Andy Summers, Stewart Copeland, Paul Rodgers, Peter Frampton, Roger Hodgson of Supertramp, Chris Cornell, Joe Cocker and more. Host/Producer: Redbeard. Song list and cue sheets will be posted soon.

Please PM me about this one. I have a station or two in my engineering care who will be willing to air this special on Labor day weekend. We play lots of A&M material as is.

I sent the info on this radio special to my former classic-rock station PD with a request to forward me the special when he was done with it. It came in the mail today. It's a one-hour show with holes for commercials. Songs played:

- A Taste Of Honey - Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass
- All Right Now - Free
- The Letter (Live) - Joe Cocker
- Thirty Days In The Hole - Humble Pie
- Show Me The Way - Peter Frampton
- Roxanne - The Police
- The Logical Song - Supertramp
- Run To You - Bryan Adams
- Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden

Celebrities appearing on the special are:

- Paul Rodgers
- Joe Cocker
- Steve Marriott
- Peter Frampton
- Sting
- Roger Hodgson
- Bryan Adams
- Chris Cornell
- Billy Bob Thornton

The host is "Redbeard" (who kept pronouncing "Herp Alpert").
The special was for airing the week of 8/27/12.
The sound was a bit on the bass-y side. I compared "All Right Now" with the hammered version on the A&M 50 set, and the difference was quite obvious.

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom