• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

A&M.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

I've gone to this "official" site for the record company. I've followed a trail from Universal to Interscope to A&M. Universal and Interscope have A&M under their umbrella. The thing is that with CarpenterS being the hit machine that they were, are hardly repesented. This in comparison to Sting and Chuck Mangione and on...I've e-mailed the site for and have yet to get a response. Actually I'd be surprised if they did at all. I find it all curious and frustrating. Try navigating thru there.

Jeff

I tried finding info on Herb Alpert and came upon zilch! DEFINITIVE HITS is still in print, but there's no info on it on A&M's site. And yeah, it WAS aggravating going through that process, jumping from Universal's main site to Interscope's to A&M's. :rolleyes:

For the record, there can't be anything called a&m.com, since an ampersand ("&") is not permitted in a URL. The official A&M site is http://www.amrecords.com

Harry
...setting the record straight, online...

Don't take it personal: a website to these labels is nothing but a marketing tool. At best, they'd only list current in-print releases...and of course, there's every chance the information is months out of date. The only helpful page I've found is the one that lists which titles are going to be released on SACD (July 20 is going to be expensive--Steely Dan's back catalog will be out :D ).

The original A&M Records site was amazing. Tracing studio history, in addition to what made A&M the name that it was, it had studio layouts and descriptions, etc. -- all within a classy "Old Los Angeles" theme -- perfect in comparison to the Studio itself.

Those days are gone. :thumbsdn:

Jon

Like Sakura said Welcome!! The A&M Corner is the coolest place on the planet. I tried to access the site but due to the limitations of WEBtv
I was unable to access any features on the site I will have to beg my neighbor for some real commputer time.
JIM

Hello everyone, thanks for the warm Carpenterly welcome. They do include some history of the studio on the website but sadly they don't mention the Carpenters. It angers me that people seem to be ashamed of or don't want to associate anything with the C's. You would think since this is "The Henson Studio", and we all know Karen's love for Kermit and Miss Piggy. That they would have atleast made mention of her name. That is a whole other story, thanks again for the welcome. Hope to hear from you all very soon.

Tim

Good friends are forever, good friends are for keeps!!!!!!!!!

I don't think it was meant to be an oversight on the part of the Henson company, which was bought out by a German company not too long ago. Their particular version of studio history lays emphasis on the historic nature of the Lot itself. I think it's often easy to mix "history" with "nostalgia" -- which is what I think we're talking about here.

Agreed...it would have been great to hear something about the A&M artists -- Carpenters and Sergio Mendes included -- who made the Lot what it was under the banner of A&M Records. However, in the spirit of historic and/or landmark status, A&M was but a stepping stone to what the studio had been and what it would become.

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom