• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

A&M recycled album jacket

Status
Not open for further replies.

TallPaulInKy

I haven't seen much discussion lately on A&M so I thought I would post this one.

One of the oddest albums I have in my collection is titled, 101 Strings - 30 Greatest Hits issued by Alshire International. The single pocket cover holding the three albums in the set is actually a CAT STEVENS - FOREIGNER cover turned inside out and reused.

I had always heard the reason that A&M catalog product did not show up in mark down bins during the 60s was because A&M took the unsold product back from the record stores and ground them up. Supposedly they did not want their own catalog cut- outs to compete with the current releases.

I know that policy eventually changed because I have a few A&M lps that look like cut outs.

But this A&M cover was apparently recycled, and turned inside out to print a 101 Strings cover on.

As far as I know this is the first time I have seen a recycled cover. Or else the 101 Strings and A&M used the same cover manufacturerand they had some spare Foreighner covers that they decided to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom