• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

a sergio cd question

Status
Not open for further replies.
just bought the 2 cd set of the 3 early sergio albums "in person at el matador!" "pele" & "favorite things" on the collectables label.

what a terrible reissue/mix "favorite things" is!
the worst distortion i've ever heard on a cd reissue.

did i just get a bum copy, or are they all this bad?

has it been released elsewhere?

it's such a lovely album

depressed & disgusted

walt 66

ps. (luckily i blasted my crystal clear copy of "crystal illusions" to clear the air, and my head)

I have “Favorite Things” on CD as a stand alone album – Atlantic 7567-80792-2 – and it sounds good to me. The CD was released in 1998 and appears to be out of print. You might find a copy at Gemm.

I have that same CD, and didn't find it to be too bad...there isn't a lot of bass, but one album was live in the mid '60's, MY FAVORITE THINGS sounded a little "bright", but a lot of pop albums in the late '60's did, too...I didn't find it any worse than THE BEAT OF THE BRASS[but then, that's not saying much, I guess...]
The sound quality of PELE was the best, but it's also the latest album of the three.

I downloaded a couple of tracks from MFT, and they are a little on the "bright" side; I believe they were taken from an LP...I also have the reissue of DANSE MODERNO, and it has a bit of distortion in places. Maybe it's just the piano; some piano albums have a ringing" sound to them...when my father used to play his Roland, he'd play it kinda loud, and it rang like a freakin' bell.

My Pete Jolly album from VSOP doesn't ring, and it was recorded in the mid '60's, so not all piano albums exhibited this trait. Are piano albums difficult to master?

Dan

DAN BOLTON said:
Are piano albums difficult to master?

Yes sometimes it is hard to entirely capture by a microphone, the comopleteness of an Acoustic Baby Grand...

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom