• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

A Song For You: LP Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

wow this thread seems to be all over. lol

Since this thread started with reference to Carpenters LP's. I have always had this question about "A Song for You"

So I will ask here & hopefully someone can shed some light.

The inner sleeve on this Lp....what do these cartoon type pics represent? Side one has the classic Karen & Richard portrait in a real life photo....the rest is what bothers me....on the same side is a cartoon type drawing of a girl with a guy in the background in a blue sportcoat. Who is this????? Is this suppose to represent Karen & Richard? They have the same color hair.

Then on side 2 of the inner sleeve we have a little girl in a flowered color yellow dress next to lion statue, I'm assuming this is bless the beasts & children, right? Then there is June 11 ripped into with a bird holding a rose? What is that all about? Then there is the car, this I can understand cause Richard is a old car fanatic and then the song, Road Ode, I've been on this road soo long.

Do you all like these pics? I would have rather had more pics of Karen & Richard maybe in the studio recording these classic songs.

Also was this the first LP sleeve to be enviromental friendly? says at the bottom made from 100% recycled paper. :?:

These are my own personal interpretations and are in no way, shape, or form set the meaning in stone!

All the illustrations represented what the song is about.

Hurting Each Other- the song is about fighting. In the illustration, the girl and the guy had a fight and are mad at each other but are still in love.

Bless the Beasts and Children-obvious

I Won't Last A Day Without You- The bird with the rose represents peace and love, while the calendar (June 11) represents a day. Hence I Won't Last A Day Without You

Road Ode- The old car represents good memories, and the road represents the past and the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom