• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

A Very Merry BAJA To You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Sidoruk

Founder, A&M Fan Net
Staff member
Here is something that I'd like to share with you. The audio is something that I edited together a few years back and then later, I decided to create the video to go along with it. So to honor our late friend, the incomparable Julius Wechter, here is the BAJA MEGAMIX.

Great job, Steve! I noticed some foreign versions of album covers I hadn't seen before. I may have to start looking for some of these.

Capt. Bacardi

Fabuloso! Great collection of music & images. Incidentally, that "Georgy Girl" EP, never seen that before, what country does it come from?

Best-
M

mexicat said:
Fabuloso! Great collection of music & images. Incidentally, that "Georgy Girl" EP, never seen that before, what country does it come from?

Best-
M

Import - Festival Records - New Zealand

Harry said:
V1.3 or V1.4? :)

Harry

One back from the latest. I added a "whoosh" sound at the beginning when the faux 45 comes in, but due to updating video editing software, I have not yet been able to bring the archived video into same for more editing. This archived copy does not have that sound. One way or another, I'll figure it out! :confused:

Captain Bacardi said:
Great job, Steve! I noticed some foreign versions of album covers I hadn't seen before. I may have to start looking for some of these.

Capt. Bacardi

Thanks! You're probably referring to some of the Australian albums. Our Baja Men were quite popular there and even the record clubs put out special comps with different artwork.

Steve, what a great compilation featuring your wondrous collection of rarities, and what a great close-out tribute. How I miss that great BMB sound. (And who was that guy with his back always turned to us, anyway?!?) Thanks so much.

Any word on the expanded reissue of NEW DEAL?

=Mike A :bandit:

For anyone who may be curious, here is the artwork that I created for the DVD case and booklet:

Baja+Megamix+Bklt_3.jpg

Baja+Megamix+Bklt_1.jpg

Baja+Megamix+Bklt_2.jpg

Steve, you ought to hit Zazzle or one of those similar outfits and self-publish a memorabilia book. Might not be enough of an audience for a big publishing deal, but I'd buy one for sure!

Mike Blakesley said:
Steve, you ought to hit Zazzle or one of those similar outfits and self-publish a memorabilia book. Might not be enough of an audience for a big publishing deal, but I'd buy one for sure!

Amazon offers self-publishing as well (look for CreateSpace), but may be more involved. The advantage is that you get Amazon's worldwide distribution system. I think one of my friends in Seattle released his novel that way ("Lesson One: Revolution" by Stuart Whitmore). The nice thing is that you can also offer it via Kindle as well as printed publication, and can make use of the "Look Inside" feature as a way to entice folks to buy the book.

mikeargo said:
Any word on the expanded reissue of NEW DEAL?

=Mike A :bandit:

Well, I'm not Steve, but I just spent a lot of time with Bruce K., so my advice is--stay tuned, news is forthcoming very quickly. :)

Don't think this has been mentioned, but of related interest, Bruce's first foray into Blu-ray territory will be David Wechter's 1978 "Junior High School," a sort of pre-High School Musical type film featuring a very young Paula Abdul. That's also coming very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom