• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

akai cassette tape decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob

hi guys I hope I am posting this in the right forum, does any one here know about akai cassette tape decks?

I had bought one for $20.00 at our local salvation army store yesterday. so I like to know here is the model

number CS F 39R. I can tell the belts are slipping and the idler wheel is a bit gooy. and stops in the middle of

a song. and as a lot of black when I cleaned it.is this deck a high end or not. and is it worth fixing? could I

just replace just the idler wheel or do I have to replace the whole tape transport where you put in the

cassette.

thanks
bob

From some pictures on the net, it looks like it could have been a decent cassette deck in its day - 1980s.

akai_cs-f9_stereo_cassette_deck.jpg

If you can find parts - and you want or need a cassette deck - then it might be worth your time and effort.

Harry

One company I've seen recommended on some high-end audio forums is http://www.studiosoundelectronics.com/about.htm

They offer an "ask a tech" service where I assume you can inquire about what parts you'll need. From what I saw of their prices, you might be looking at another $20-25 or so for a new idler wheel and belts, which doesn't sound too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom