Alpert/Moss Nomination for R&R Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if any effort has ever been made to consider these two chaps for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? I'm thinking that a 40 year anniversary for the TJB grammy for album of the year is coming up soon; Herb's been an artist longer than that (and a writer, too); and then both gents have had a seminal impact on the industry......drs

I was wrong about the matter :oops:; I was unaware of Alpert's hand in the rock business until the following posts were made... and so with that knowledge now in mind, I support Alpert's nomination for the rock and roll Hall of Fame. :thumbsup:

seashorepiano said:
I would seriously doubt that Mr. Alpert would ever be considered for that genre's hall of fame, seeing how he was first and foremost a pop-instrumental and jazz arranger and performer.

I dunno...he was very instrumental[no pun intended...] in the career of Sam Cooke, and he co-wrote one of the biggest hits of the '50's...WONDERFUL WORLD...the role that A&M played in the '70's as far as rock is concerned, especially British rock is very significant. Johnny Cash made it, so why not Herb? He didn't do a lot of rock, but he facilitated a lot of it. I could see Herb and Jerry in the rock hall of fame.

Dan

If Herb was inducted, do you think he would show up at the hall of fame to accept it? Normally all the inducties get together for a jam session... that could be either a blast or something else.

Well, maybe someone could write a rock & roll song to accomadate Herb for the jam session... something like "Roll over Bert Bacharach, tell Tchaikovsky the news".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom