Amazon Now Has Sound Samples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

Just a jote that Amazon now has all the song samples for Sounds Like..., Herb Alpert's Ninth and The Beat Of The Brass.

Capt. Bacardi
...trying to catch up on posts online...

Thanks, Captain.

Click the thumbnails above to go to Amazon to listen.

Harry

Of course, the Windows Media Samples for all three have the infamous Herb Albert & The Tijuana Brass listed as the artist. And Herb Albert's Ninth listed as a title. Boy, somewhere in the great beyond, Eddie Alpert must be getting a big laugh.

David,
looking forward to all three AlPert releases.........

I was wondering what color the Signature Series strip would be on BEAT. Up to now, the cover has been shown without that strip.

I've noticed the cover art has been changing regularly--hopefully they've settled in on these now. :D

If there's an error in how these are listed, go to the bottom of the Amazon page and submit a change request. Enough of us fill this out, they'll fix it. If it's just in the sound sample though, I don't know if they would bother...

I'm sort of surprised they used the burgundy color for the SOUNDS LIKE. I'd have used some shade of blue, although they probably didn't want to use blue again after SRO. Still looks nice though.

There was a song that never left my mind on BEAT OF THE BRASS (as far as the melody). However, I had forgotten the title. Very pleasant, two trumpets and a flute. Turns out it was, "A Beautiful Friend". Glad to have that in re-mastered form, as well as "Wade In The Water" from SOUNDS LIKE.

Also, as a side note, who are the vocalists accompanying Mr. A. on "Talk To The Animals"? I think someone here mentioned that they are actually the other members of the Tijuana Brass. True?

who are the vocalists accompanying Mr. A. on "Talk To The Animals"? I think someone here mentioned that they are actually the other members of the Tijuana Brass. True?

Probably true. This is probably a repeat of the scenario on the "Mame" session, on which everyone from the musicians to the building janitor was invited to sing along.

Rudy said:
I've noticed the cover art has been changing regularly--hopefully they've settled in on these now. :D

I notice that the [->STEREO<-] bullets seem to have survived on both NINTH and BEAT OF THE BRASS, but are missing from SOUNDS LIKE.

Harry

Phillie Harry said:
I notice that the [->STEREO<-] bullets seem to have survived on both NINTH and BEAT OF THE BRASS, but are missing from SOUNDS LIKE.

Maybe they used the "Mono" cover images to generate Sounds Like???

--Mr Bill :laugh:

I thought that might be the case too, but this Shout! version has room above Herb's hair, just like the stereo version of the album. It also cuts off at Herb's tutle-neck collar, just like it did on the stereo LP.

If you look at a mono LP of SOUNDS LIKE, Herb's hair touches the top of the picture, and there's more of the collar showing below. Here's the mono LP cover, taken from the herbalpert.com site, alongside the new Shout! version:

soundslike_big.jpg
B000A7Q28M.01._PE7_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Harry

I was only half serious. :laugh: But it does look like they could've cropped the "stereo" out of the full color print matrix (remember the fully printed cover sheet would be a bit bigger than 13" by 13", affixed high for stereo and low for mono). And, of course, thanks to modern technology, they could've simply "photo-shopped it out"

--Mr Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom