• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

And When He Smiles

In reading the liner notes again for "As Time Goes By" I remembered that in the English parts I could not find the names of the authors of "And When He Smiles". I believe in all the Japanese print included are the names of who wrote this song. Can anyone translate this?

^^
Richard Carpenter:
Carpenters 1971 BBC Television Special"
" This song was written and introduced by a group called Wildweeds. "
It got some regional airplay and I heard it while driving from one engagement to the next in early 1971.
We both thought it was catchy, and I put together this arrangement.
Karen and I recorded a track for it, but since Karen was the drummer, there is no "work lead".
This is a live recording, done on September 25, 1971 at the BBC television Studios., London,
for our first UK special, which was originally broadcast on November 6, 1971."
Carpenters •• And When He Smiles

According to Rick Henry's Carpenters compilation: Album By Album: Song By Song, the lead singer and songwriter for the Wildweeds was a fellow by the name of Al Anderson

According to Rick Henry's Carpenters compilation: Album By Album: Song By Song, the lead singer and songwriter for the Wildweeds was a fellow by the name of Al Anderson
Al Anderson went on become the guitarist/singer/songwriter for NRBQ (New Rhythm and Blues Quartet). The band was a popular live act on the bar circuit in the 1970s and '80s. They had a small, but loyal following. I had the pleasure of seeing them a few times. They still play, but Al Anderson is no longer with them.

Back
Top Bottom