• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Annoying Noises on 'Lovelines' (Remix)

Status
Not open for further replies.

newvillefan

I Know My First Name Is Stephen
The other thread about annoying noises got me thinking about another example that has bothered me for years, which can only be heard on the 1989 remix of 'Lovelines' and not on the original, longer solo album version.

Both of these noises are panned to the right when listening through headphones. In the second verse, you can hear a small 'crackle' at 1m42s (underneath the word 'take' on the line 'baby, come on and take me'). Then at 1m45s, just before she sings the next line ('into that wonderland where only lovers go'), there's a louder 'thud' that sounds like interference or an out of place kick drum.

Does anyone else hear this?

Yep. Probably some kind of tape noise on one of the remix tracks. In fact, one of the things about tape is that sometimes things will "print through" to the next revolution of the tape. The first noise you mention sounds like the secondary version, pre-echoing the real noise at 1:45. It could have been a little imperfection in the tape, a fold, or God forbid a splice.

Harry

The other thread about annoying noises got me thinking about another example that has bothered me for years, which can only be heard on the 1989 remix of 'Lovelines' and not on the original, longer solo album version.

Both of these noises are panned to the right when listening through headphones. In the second verse, you can hear a small 'crackle' at 1m42s (underneath the word 'take' on the line 'baby, come on and take me'). Then at 1m45s, just before she sings the next line ('into that wonderland where only lovers go'), there's a louder 'thud' that sounds like interference or an out of place kick drum.

Does anyone else hear this?

I'd never noticed it before. But I DO NOW. Cheers, Stephen. . . .(I jest, of course)

Sorry but I'm not hearing it, my CD playback of this song is clean, no "crackle" or "thud". I bought my CD from Japan and has catalogue no. PCCY-10022.......it's a crystal clear pressing of the album, can't fault it.

Listening to the 1989 remix of "Lovelines" just fills me with admiration for the fantastic job that was done on remixing this song, just awesome.

Sorry but I'm not hearing it, my CD playback of this song is clean, no "crackle" or "thud". I bought my CD from Japan and has catalogue no. PCCY-10022.......it's a crystal clear pressing of the album, can't fault it.

It's the kind of thing that might go unnoticed as just a thumpy part of the percussion. Are you sure it's not there? Have you checked with good headphones?

Harry

Yes I did listen with my Sony headphones, several times now, will try again when I wake up tomorrow.

Had another listen this morning........I'm giving up on this one for the time being.......starting to feel a bit crazy!!

I just remember the excitement of having all that new music and mostly after hearing those new "for me" tracks off that movie that had just recently aired. I'll never forget seeing it in that record store and just heading for the checkout. No more shopping for me today. Got some real music to check out!!! I'll listen and see if I can hear the noise Just listened and since it was a remix, maybe a kick drum got off the sync track or something but it sounds percussive to me

Last edited:
I would like to hear Richard's remixes of the entire album. The one's that he's played with are top notch. Far superior to the 1980 edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom