Any Cheeseheads?

Good Things

Me & Moo
I became addicted to the Cs the first time I heard Superstar on the radio. Karen’s vocal? Richard’s arrangement? Melancholy lyrics? None of the above. It was the French horn. Stunning. So fascinated I joined band and learned to play brass of course French horn. Even today I’ll dig out my instrument and play along. Do do do dooo do do doo doh. Carly my trusted four legger sings along. I got a note from Santa under the tree Christmas 1972. It said he hid a present for me under the couch. So I crawled on hands and knees scraping up fuzz bunnies and Juicy Fruit wrappers and there it was the Song for You album. Santa always knows. I’m sure I played it at least a million times on my rather rickety phonograph in my bedroom upstairs. Turn it down Mom hollered from the kitchen. Yes mother. But Dad heard TOTW coming from upstairs and yelled turn it up. Mom liked it too. So that’s my story. I love them more today than yesterday. When I was young I’d listen to the Carpenters waiting for my favorite songs…

Though I like your message (and the French horn!), I'm not sure I understand the title. Are you from Wisconsin? Or am I just missing something relating to cheese and French horns?

Yes, welcome - Richard used the French Horn in several other songs, e.g., ROAD ODE...

Like your play on the lyrics of YESTERDAY ONCE MORE in your last line - cleverly done. Also, your mention of Juicy Fruit wrappers brings back some fond memories...

We cheeseheads write like we speak, for cry eye. Kinda like the aliens 👽 on calling occupants “we are observing your earth and one day we’ll make a bratwurst for you…”. We are your friends…..

Though I like your message (and the French horn!), I'm not sure I understand the title. Are you from Wisconsin? Or am I just missing something relating to cheese and French horns?
Title is from Sing— “sing of good things not bad”.

I love brie sandwiches made with sourdough from WI.

Back
Top Bottom