• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

🎄 Holidays! Any Music Plans for 2005?

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
Rather than list the same old tired New Years resolutions*, I thought we might list our want lists of upcoming music purchases just for kicks. Completing a collection? Looking forward to reissues or new releases? Searching for rarities? Let's hear about 'em! :)

A few of items on my want list:

1. Collect more of the early Mobile Fidelity (Stan Ricker-mastered) LPs. I got two the other night--CCR's "Cosmo's Factory" and Sinatra's "Nice 'n' Easy". The CCR sounds really good, but the Sinatra has a couple of scratches I didn't see until I cleaned it up. (Still can't understand why someone pays this much for an LP and then mistreats it... :shake: )

2. CCR: the SACD hybrids on the Analogue Productions label. Best sounding CCR out there, short of getting the 180g vinyl pressings (which are also tempting :agree: ).

3. TJB reissues: Definitely will get the "Lost Treasures". Will probably buy the others later in the year.

4. Still looking for a few titles on RCA by Shorty Rogers, Perez Prado and Mancini. Also, want to get some of their 45RPM EPs in original sleeves.

5. Ditto for Capitol--will keep looking for various mono and stereo pressings of albums by Sinatra (first pressings only), Nat King Cole, Peggy Lee and George Shearing.

5. Various SACD titles from Sony, before they disappear forever.

6. IF they're ever released, I'd like to get the rest of the Steely Dan catalog on SACD.

7. The Audio Fidelity label has gold CDs coming out for some classic WEA albums, like the Doobie Brothers ("Minute By Minute"). Will get a select few that I like.

I'll see as the year goes along... I'm curious about those "non-LP" A&M '45's, so I have my "book" with me when I'm surfing the web, and determine which ones are likely to be Artists I'm interested in and recorded their stuff here; That's what my collection consists of...!

Oh, and I may consider the TjB reissues... Maybe by and by as I see them, I'll "buy"...

Other than that, I think I just need "Food and Clothes"... :laugh:

Dave

I'll anxiously await each new TJB reissue; and I'm gonna try my hand at scoring a choral arrangement of a song I wrote for Christmas last year...my son's choir director wants to perform it for the 2005 Christmas concert. I have no idea how to score anything, I've never tried...I have Shorty Rogers' choral arrangements from the TJB Christmas album for reference material and will probably wear the CD out in the next couple of months. Has anyone had any experience with Finale or Sibelius? Would they make the process run any smoother?

Dan

The TJB reissues for sure - I've never owned SOUTH OF THE BORDER except on an 8-track, and LONELY BULL only on an LP, and of the original CDs I only have GP, WNML and BOTB, so I'm a prime candidate for all of them.

I'm also looking forward to a remastered release of Ambrosia's final album, ROAD ISLAND. It's a departure from their earlier work and has never been on domestic CD.

Other than that, no concrete plans...just watching the release lists every week! (Will probably buy more DVDs than CDs this year!)

There are some potentially great sets due from Coldplay , Rolling Stones , Herb Alpert's Lost Treasures ....plus several of his CD re-issues... Burt Bacharach / Dr Dre collaboration ...2005 looks bright already :cool:

Richard Carpenter will finally ....allowing for Universal / A&M ....release his long in progress solo Christmas album ... :shock:

Having heard many of Richard's wonderful new original songs in 2003 & 2004 ...will be fascinating to see the final versions issued plus guest vocalists selected .... :D

Looking forward to any 2005 concerts by Richard , Burt & ....possibly Herb ....plus a few surprises .....:cool:

Peter

Back
Top Bottom