• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

🎵 AotW AOTW: Franklin Ajaye I'M A COMEDIAN, SERIOUSLY (SP 3642)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Franklin Ajaye
I'M A COMEDIAN, SERIOUSLY

A&M SP-3642

sp3642.jpg

This is the second release by Comedian Franklin Ajaye, the first being COMEDIAN (SP 4405) from 1973.

Routines Include:

Homosexuals/ Girls With Big Breasts/ Birthday Suit
Black-White Customers
Parties:
Hippie Parties/ Rapping to Girls/ Practicing Dance Steps in the Toilet/ Hamburger Stand

Intimidating White Students/ True & False Tests
Street Crime
Uncle Johnny

Chinese Pilot/ The South/
James Brown, Bobby Blue Bland, Black Audiences
Don Juan/ Move Ad/ Shaft

Actors As Singers
Billy Jack/ The Exorcist

Minority Program/ Friend in Seminary/ Jesus Freaks

All selections by Franklin Ajaye & Published by Almo Music Corp. ASCAP
Produced by Wally Amos

JB

www.franklynajaye.com

I was trying to find Mr Ajaye's official site but it appears to have gone down. I first found it a bit over a year ago. He's a minister in Australia who still did comedy from time to time. His website had pics, links and a lot of Christian and Comedy stuff within it. (IIRC he did an annual comedy trek to NY & LA). He also does cartoon voice work and comedy "script-doctoring" I'll keep trying to locate it. He's pretty funny for his time!

--Mr Bill

Thanks Kenny! I think I used an "i" instead of a "y" which is why I couldn't "re-find" it. Looks like he's completely re-tooled the site since I visited a year ago. Still good, though!

My favorite bit of his was about God creating man and woman. He gets to one part and says, "wait... put a whole bunch of nerve endings there. Yeah, even more -- I want them to shout my name as they pro-create."

--Mr Bill

Hmm. well the site says nothing about him being a minister, but he is a jazz musician as well as still being a comedian.

My favorite bit was when he took off on the old Post Grape-Nuts commercial. "Ever eat bearsh!t? It's edible, you know...that's why when I'm home, I eat Post Grape-Nuts. Tastes just like bearsh!t."

Good info site on Franklin there... Somehow once the image of our current Album-Of-The-Week goes up (and when I read the thread again and see it) it generally does look familiar... Will hopefully get out to a well-stocked record store and see if any of Ajaye's works are in the Comedy section and hope the store has a turntable to sample it on... Also looking forward to the next installment, featured here at A&M Corner...

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom