• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

🎵 AotW AOTW: Hoyt Axton - FEARLESS (SP-4571)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Hoyt Axton
FEARLESS

A&M SP-4571

sp4571.jpg

TRACKS:

Idol of the Band/ Evangelina/ Flash of Fire/ Lay, Lady, Lay/ Jealous Man/ Paid in Advance/

An Old Greyhound/ A Stone and a Feather/ Gypsy Moth/ Beyond These Walls/ Penny Whistle Song/ The Devil

FEARLESS entered the Billboard Top 200 on April 10, 1976 and charted for four weeks, peaking at Number 171, according to Whitburn's "Top Pop Albums."

All four of Axton's A&M albums were reissued on CD in 1999 as a two-disc
set titled THE A&M YEARS.

For more information, please see:

www.hoytsmusic.com

JB

Yow, I was reading up on Hoyt Axton and I even went to that discography, too... Déjà vu, or what?!

Dave

"Flash Of Fire" (featuring Smokey Robinson's Miracles on background vocals), "Lay Lady Lay" (the Bob Dylan song, on which either Larry Carlton or Dean Parks is really playing a SITAR), and "Paid In Advance" made it onto Hoyt's Road Songs compilation (on which he is standing alongside that "Old Greyhound" (his Touring Bus/Motor Home) on the cover)...

Dave

A few years later Tim Curry put out his second A&M LP and it was titled Fearless which got me thinking (a dangerous thing, I know)... How many other A&M artists share A&M LPs with the same title?

--Mr. Bill

Sergio Mendes - EQUINOX
Styx - EQUINOX

...comes to mind immediately.

Harry

COME SATURDAY MORNING is the title of SP 4164 by Liza Minnelli and SP 4262 by the Sandpipers.

JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom