• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

🎵 AotW AOTW: Hoyt Axton - ROAD SONGS (SP-4669)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Hoyt Axton
ROAD SONGS

A&M SP-4669

sp4669.jpg

This is a compilation of songs released earlier, featuring guest musicians James Burton and Linda Ronstadt.

TRACKS:

No No Song
Boney Fingers
In a Young Girl's Mind
Telephone Booth
Pai in Advance
Lion in the Winter

I Love to Sing
When the Morning Comes
Lay Lady Lay
Sweet Misery
Flashing Fire
Less Than the Song

Reissued as SP 3182 and later on CD, available via amazon.com

JB

What I thought was the best album to come from Hoyt Axton on A&M--till I tried all four original albums he made & even went back to the stuff on Columbia & Capitol then forward to the stuff on Jeremiah (an homage to his "Joy To The World") and MCA...

A "two-disc" however, might truly better serve, but a still good and thoroughly interesting career summation, otherwise...

Dave

I remember "When The Morning Comes" getting airplay, but cannot recall any of the rest.

Harry

Hmmmm, somehow "Lay, Lady, Lay" has always sounded familiar to me, and I'd must have heard it before radio stations probably "switched back" to Bob Dylan's original; that then was what I became familiar with afterward...

"Less Than The Song" must have been popular enough that when I saw Patti Page in concert, she also sang this one... (Surprising, too, how "I am less than the song I am singing..." was her second number, as well...)

A usual compilation that mainly revolves around what got radio play and in Hoyt's case, maybe by a lot of Country Music stations fitted these songs in their formats...

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom