• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

🎵 AotW AOTW: Hummingbird (A&M SP 4536)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Hummingbird
HUMMINGBIRD

A&M SP-4536

sp4536.jpg

Personnel:

Robert Ahwry, Clive Chaman, Bernie Holland, Max Middleton, Bernard "Pretty" Purdie and Bob Tench.

Tracks:

Music Flowing/ You Can Keep the Money (Just Leave My Guitar)/ Such a Long Ways/ *Horrors/ ** I Don't Know Why I Love You/ *** Maybe/ For the Children's Sake/ Ocean Blues/ Island of Dreams.

Written by Isadore, except *Holland, ** Hardaway, Hunter and Riser and *** Chaman & Finesilver.

Reissued on CD by Universal as # 93243

Information source: allmusic.com

JB

Hummingbird's debut album, from 1975...

Tried this one before, after being more aware of and actually owning the band's following two: Diamond Nights and We Can't Go On Meeting Like This...

"I Don't Know Why I Love You", penned by Hardaway, Hunter and actually PAUL Riser, was done by Thelma Houston and here goes a more direct Blues Route this neat lil' British-based Rock combo is somewhat famous for, the personnel members having been in other groups and of course Super-Session Drummer, Bernard "Pretty" Purdie, (replacing Conrad Isadore) being the best-known...

Was a lil' late getting this one, after the 2nd and 3rd LP's by this group I've owned, had long departed...

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom