🎵 AotW AOTW: Milton Nascimento - MILTON (SP-4611)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

Milton Nascimento
MILTON

A&M SP-4611

sp4611.jpg

Released 1976

Format: Vinyl/8-Track/Cassette/CD (Verve Reissue)

Produced by Rob Fraboni
Associate Producer (Brazil) - Ronaldo Bastos

Songs:
  • 1. Raça (Hasa) (Race) (Milton Nascimento/Fernando Brant) - 3:35
    2. Fairy Tale Song (Cadê) (Milton Nascimento/Ruy Guerra/Matthew Moore) - 4:11
    3. Francisco (Milton Nascimento) - 4:27
    4. Nothing Will Be As It Was (Nada Será Como Antes) (Milton Nascimento/Ronaldo Bastos/Rene Vincent) - 3:53
    5. Cravo e Canela (Clove And Cinnamon) (Milton Nascimento/Ronaldo Bastos) - 3:44
    6. The Call (Chamada) (Milton Nascimento/Ronaldo Bastos) - 5:49
    7. One Coin (Tostão) (Milton Nascimento/Matthew Moore) - 4:30
    8. Saídas e Bandeiras (Exits And Flags) (Milton Nascimento/Fernando Brant) - 4:45
    9. Os Povos (The People) (Milton Nascimento/Marcio Borges) - 8:06

Arranged by Milton and The Group

Musicians:
Milton Nascimento - Vocals, Nylon String Acoustic Guitar, Whistling
Novelli - Bass
Raul de Souza - Trombone
Wayne Shorter - Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone
Herbie Hancock - Piano
Hugo Fattoruso - Organ, Piano
Toninho Horta - 12-String Guitar, Electric Guitar
Roberto Silva - Drums, Percussion
Airto Moreira - Drums, Percussion (5)
Laudir de Oliveira - Percussion
Maria Fatima - Vocals (1, 7)

Recorded at Shangri-La Studios, Malibu and The Village Recorder, Los Angeles
Engineer - Jeremy Zarkin
Second Engineers - Terry Becker and Tim Kramer
Mixed at The Village Recorder, Los Angeles
Mastered at A&M Recording Studios, Hollywood by Bernie Grundman

Art Direction - Roland Young
Design - Phil Shima
Photography - CAFI

Capt. Bacardi

In my humble opinion, far and away the best album ever released by A & M. A total and utter gem. Milton's haunting and unforgettable tunes, with strong support from Wayne Shorter, Herbie Hancock and a cast of heavyweights. There was NOTHING that sounded like this around 1976, and for that matter, still doesn't. For my money, along with the immortal Clube De Esquina, one of the very best pop albums ever released.

This is my favorite Milton album! I love the inside cover of the LP and the follow up "Journey to Dawn."

A strong set of songs, clever arrangements & just a mutual collaboration where artist, producer, and cast of session greats become as one...!

Dave

I had a day off today, and after taking care of some errands I sat on my back patio enjoying a beautiful day here, and put this CD on. Great album from start to finish. I really love "Cravo e Canela (Clove And Cinnamon)" with Herbie hancock's piano ride, along with my favorite tune "Saídas e Bandeiras (Exits And Flags)" with some nifty trombone work by Raul de Souza and Wayne Shorter's gorgeous soprano solo.

I guess I had my stereo on kind of loud, because my neighbor behind me - who is the drummer for Carolyn Wonderland (A great band, incidentally) asked me what I was playing. He thought it was incredible music and asked for a copy of the CD.

Capt. Bacardi

This album is a Brazilian magic carpet ride! I was working in a mall record store in the late '70s and one day I played this LP on the store turntable. Some Brazilians happened to be shopping in the store at the time and were excited and amazed to hear Milton in the U.S. They gave me several Brazilian LPs turning me on to Chico Buaraque and several other Brazilian musical stars en vogue at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom