• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

🎵 AotW AOTW: Peter Frampton SOMETHIN'S HAPPENING (SP 3619)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Peter Frampton
SOMETHIN'S HAPPENING

A&M SP-3619

sp3619.jpg

SIDE ONE

Doobie Wah - (Frampton/Rick Willis/John Headley-Down) 4:03/ Golden Goose 5:28/ Underhand 3:37/ I Wanna Go to the Sun 7:26.

SIDE TWO

Baby (Somethin's Happening) 4:44/ Waterfall 6:00/ Magic Moon (Da, Da, Da, Da, Da!) 4:50/ Sail Away 7:30.

All selections written by Frampton (except "Doobie Wah") and published by Almo Music Corp./Fram-Dee Music Ltd. (ASCAP)/ Produced by Peter Frampton.

Nicky Hopkins appears by courtesy of CBS Records/ Engineered and remixed by Chris Kimsey/ Recorded at Olympic Studios, Barnes and Island Studios/ "Sail Away" recorded at Hadley Grange - Thank you, Ronnie Lane!/ Mastered at Sterling Sound by Lee Hulko/ Sleeve by Hipgnosis/ Lettering by George Hardie N.T.A.

Available on CD

SP 3619 entered the Billboard Top 200 on March 30, 1974, charted for 9 weeks and peaked at #125, according to Whitburn's "Top Pop Albums."

JB

"I Wanna Go to the Sun" is a better song than most of his Compilations (including those he oversees, himself) give him credit for--and it's usually the LIVE version, that goes on the TWO-DISC, OR MORE Set you get it on...

"Baby (Somethin's Happening)", is of course, the Centerpiece and here again, the LIVE version was the HIT!

I love "Sail Away"; those Seven-and-a-Half minutes really do justify the legnth, which is appropriately put at the end!

Here's another album with a Funny Cover, which makes you wonder--WHAT'S Happening? :laugh:

Dave

From the number of copies of this (even saw one Still-Sealed) I typically see VS. something like Winds Of Change this is one I thought didn't really sell... Frampton, which came next, along with the previous Camel, I think did better...

Looks like we can't wait for the NEXT Album Of The Week Here, can we...?! :whistle: :goofygrin:

Dave

...About to get hit in the face with water here, too, online...! :help: :blinkeye: :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom