🎵 AotW AOTW: Peter Frampton WIND OF CHANGE (A&M SP 4348)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
** NOTE: SP 4347 LOOKIN' THROUGH by Demmick and Armstrong was not released **

Peter Frampton
WIND OF CHANGE

A&M SP4348

sp4348.jpg

WIND OF CHANGE is Frampton's first solo album following his departure from Humble Pie. Ringo Starr and Billy Preston (piano, organ) are among the sessions credits.

SIDE ONE: Fig Tree Bay 3:31/ Wind of Change 3:00/ Lady Lieright 2:51/ Jumping Jack Flash (Jagger-Richard) 5:16/ It's A Plain Shame 3:09/ Oh For Another Day 3:51.

SIDE TWO: All I Want to Be Is By Your Side 6:25/ The Lodger 5:40/ Hard 4:26/ Alright 4:21.

All songs by Frampton except as indicated; Produced by Frampton; Associate producer and engineer Chris Kimsey. "Thanks" to Andrew Bown and Frank Carillo for their patience and encouragement.
Recorded at Olympic Studios, Barnes, London, except for "All I Want to Be ..." recorded at Island Studios, London.
Mike Kellie (drums) appears courtesy of Island Records
Andrew Bown - piano, vocal, guitar -courtesy of Mercury Records Productions Inc.
Ringo Starr courtesy of EMI Records.
Art Direction - Michael Doud
Design - Bush Hollyhead (Nicholas Thirkell Associates)
Front Cover Photo: Grey Lacey
Back Cover Photo: Jean-Claude Volpetiere

Other sessions credits include Ricky Willlis (bass guitar), Del Newman (strings, flute and marimba arrangement), Frank Carillo (guitars), Chris Karen (congas), Frank Ricotti (shaker), Mickey Jones (guitar), Jim Price (brass).

Reissued on CD as A&M 069 490 728 2

JB

LPJim 'A&M by the #s' said:
** NOTE: SP 4347 LOOKIN' THROUGH by Demmick and Armstrong was not released **

Demmick & Armstrong
LOOKIN' THROUGH

A&M SP4347

sp4347.jpg

Though I don't own it I have found it listed (with an image in some cases) on a number of used and/or auction sites... Maybe, like Rupert Hines's Wildest Wish to Fly or Lambert & Nuttycombe's Waikiki or Sgt Peper's Soundtrack it either was on A&M outside the US or ended up on another label...

--Mr Bill

For Demick & Armstrong's Looking Through, I have in my Album & Musician Directory Book, Rock Record, a U.S. Catalog number, 2504, as well as a U.K. catalog number, AM LH68098 and it is listed as A&M. I may have even seen that LP in a Newly Discovered Record Store I recently made a trip to (at least I can picture it [Mr. Bill's Scan] there), where I KNOW I saw some (ALL?) of the LP's Mike D'Abo recorded for A&M. But, unfortunately, I ran back out to it and saw NONE of the above! :mad: :sad:

Peter Frampton's FIRST, eh?! I remember having a hard time finding Winds Of Change in decent playing condition on vinyl and CD reissues just hadn't come out yet... :shock:

I like the first song, "Fig Tree Bay" that unfortunately should have made it to one of Frampton's compilations. At least "The Lodger", "Jumpin' Jack Flash", "(All I Want To Be Is) By Your Side", "Lady Lieright", "Wind of Change"and "All Night Long" did to some. Remember having some or all of them on the 2-Disc Shine On: A Collection. History Of Peter Frampton was another compilation I owned before finally settling for the Universal 20th Century Masters, which is all I have, as well as his later and final A&M LP's Where I Should Be and Breaking All The Rules, both chock full o' songs that should'a been hits! :D

Dave

...and somewhere in my house should be still-good copies of I'm In You and Frampton Comes Alive... :laugh:

Sorry for jumping the gun, folks.
As an A&M completist I'd like to locate a copy; get track list, etc.
JB
"jumping the gun (or shark), online.

LPJim -- A&M by the #s said:
Sorry for jumping the gun, folks.

I don't think you jumped the gun. You're probably right. The fact that Crayola Dave found one with a UK A&M # and the listings I've seen never gave a # indicates to me that A&M here in America opted to pass on this one. Ergo, you're probably right.

Mr. Bill

I found out when I went to: www.circuitcity.com that the "Wind Of Change" is out of print & no longer made on CD since it was reissued back in 2000. I also went to: www.hmv.com as well but no such luck. The label Lemon reissued the 1979 album "Where I Should Be" on CD. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom