• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

🎵 AotW AOTW: Rita Coolidge NICE FEELIN' (A&M SP 4325)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Rita Coolidge
NICE FEELIN'

A&M SP4325

sp4325.jpg

Side One:
Family Full of Soul 2;56/ You Touched me in the Morning 3:20/ If You were Mine 3:37/ Nice Feelin' 5:26/ Only You Know and I Know 3:36.

Side Two:
I'll Be Here 4:21/ Better Days 3:07/ Lay my Burden Down 3:59/ Most Likely You'll Go Your Way and I'll Go Mine 4:10/ Journey Through the Past 3:27.

Produced by David Anderle, a Willow Production
Recording engineers Bruce Botnick at A&M Studios, Glyn Johns & Richie Moore at Wally Heider Studios/ Remix engineer Glyn Johns at Island Studios, England/ Special thanks to Tony Platt at Island Studios/ Art Direction: Roland Young/ Inside cover photograph by Ethan A. Russell/ Front and Back cover photography by Bob Jenkins/ Lettering: Wayne Kimball.

The band for all selections is Marc Benno, guitars and vocals, and The Dixie Flyers consisting of Charlie Freeman, guitars, Mike Utley, keyboards, Tommy McClure, bass and Sammy Creason, drums.
Rita Coolidge plays piano on "Journey through the Past;" Al Kooper plays organ on "I'll be Here," courtesy of Columbia Records.
Nick Decaro plays organ on "Journey ..."
Don Brooks plays harmonica on "Only You ...," "Better Days" and "Most Likely ..."
Rusty Young plays steel guitar on "You Touched ..." -- courtesy of Epic Records.
Direction: Ronald Stone.

JB

Visit Rita's Website

Awesome album. I was lucky enough to pick it up on CD when it was reissued in the mid 90's in Japan. Unfortunately it didn't stay in print for very long.

"Journey Through The Past" (a Neil Young song) also appears on the ALTEC/ODYSSEY SP 19000-series Sampler; Nick DeCaro plays an accordian on it. "Nice Feelin'" is a Marc Benno song, which he did, himself on his first, or maybe second album.

And "Only You Know and I Know" is a Delaney & Bonnie song, whom D&B's version is best known; Rita Coolidge was with the two along with Joe Cocker, Leon Russell, et. al. in Joe Cocker's Mad Dogs & Englishmen entourage.

Many highlights of this album--though bubbling under is yet a more deeper, studio-contrived approach which would eptimoize her following albums. This next entity is Rita's THE LADY IS NOT FOR SALE. Coming up later at A&M SP 4370.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom