• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

🎵 AotW AOTW: SP4251/Wonderful World,Beautiful People-Jimmy Cliff

If you've ever owned or heard this album, how would you rate it?

• * * * * * (best)

Votes: 1 33.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • * * * (average)

• * (worst)

• I've never heard this album

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
WONDERFUL WORLD, BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE
Jimmy Cliff

SP-4251

sp4251.jpg

Track listing:

Time Will Tell
Many Rivers To Cross
Vietnam
Use What I Got
Hard Road To Travel
Wonderful World, Beautiful People
Sufferin' In The Land
Hello Sunshine
My Ancestors
That's The Way Life Goes
Come Into My Life

Thanks for going ahead. My computer has a broken fan, so my access is limited until this gets fixed.

I gave this LP a "best" vote because Jimmy Cliff's album is highly influential in founding reggae music. That type often falls into the trap of meandering (noodling) around the metal drums and losing coherence; but not on this LP. The singing, composing and instrumentals are superb.

All songs were written by Cliff and published by Irving Music BMI except "I'm Gonna Use What I've Got" (Holliday) Metric Music Co. BMI.

Produced by Larry Fallon and Leslie Kong. A John P. Kelly Production. Arranged by Larry Fallon. Engineer Lynford Anderson; Art Direction Tom Wilkes; Photography Richard Pollock; recorded in Jamaica.

SP 4251 was reissued as SP/CD 3189; has since been reissued elsewhere
JB

www.jimmycliff.com

LPJim said:
Thanks for going ahead. My computer has a broken fan, so my access is limited until this gets fixed.

I realized that today was Tuesday and the AOTW hadn't yet been changed. Finding the picture file and a track list, I decided to go ahead with it.

Hope you get your computer fixed. Those fan thingys are annoying with how often they break.

Harry

Tell me about it! The newer computers (like both the Athlon systems I built) have a lot of fans inside. The power supply has a fan, as it always has. This quit in our #2 computer back in February--the computer shut itself down. The CPUs have a fan--the fan in my #1 computer downstairs quit one day while I was at work, and the CPU's temperature sensor shut the system down. In #2 computer, there was also a fan over the processor chip on the video card. For months, I had constant crashes with WinXP, where normally it runs for weeks w/o a reboot. Because I noticed it was a video problem, I had another AGP video card on hand to swap out. After pulling out the other one, I tried to rotate the fan..."tried' being the operative word here. You could almost turn it with a finger. No more video problems with the alternate card, and the computer's back to being reliable.

Overclocking also raises heat inside the case--overclocking is a big time tweaker method, and there is almost a cultish following. There are even expensive water-cooled cases you can buy to cool off those components! With speed comes heat...and the faster our newer computers get, the more fans they'll need. :confused:

-= N =-
WinXP SP1, Athlon 1200, Matrox G450, Sound Blaster Audigy Platinu....oops, wrong forum. :wink: (Rudy's thinking he's at http://forum.aumha.org . :D )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom