Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

Tim Weisberg -
For Those Who Never Dream
SP-3039

sp3039.jpg

Released 1971
Format: Vinyl

I don't have this album, so if somebody has a track listing and personnel, please feel free to post it.

Capt. Bacardi

Side One: Nights in White Satin 3;40/ Long Ago & Far Away 3:20/ A Hard Way to Go 3:03/ Because of Rain 3:25/ Sunshine in Her Hair 3:49.

Side Two: Fog & Spice 5:25/ For Those Who Never Dream 2:31/ Trinity Suite (Day at the Fair - Then - Now) 11:37.

Produced by Graham Wallace for The Peter Starr Org. Ltd., A Canadian Corporation/ Executive Producer and Engineer Dick Bogert/ Arranger Fred Seldon on "Nights in White Satin" and "For Those Who Never Dream" (strings) & "Long Ago and Far Away" and "Sunshine in Her Hair" (strings).

Special Thanks to Tom Vicari, Rick Porter, Steve Mitchell, Norm Kinsey, Bernie Grundman, Barbara Gosa, Bob Armer, Luella Howard, David Baskerville, Fred Katz and Barry Hirsch.

Art Direction: Roland Young/ Design: Chuck Beeson/ Photography: Jim McCrary.

JB

PS: a favorite local FM station of my youth signed off the air at midnight everynight with Weisberg's version of "Nights in White Satin"

I haven't thought of him in years, I only have one CD by him "Rotations" and I still like it. Haven't heard of this one so can't express any opinion.

As FMPD of my college station, all it took was one look at the ghastly cover -- I never aired it. It's the most repulsive A&M album cover.
Nothing against you, Tim. If A&M had provided a plain white jacket, it would've gotten you a listen. (So much for my OPEN MIND.)

I'd speculate that the cover art concept - disarranged body parts - was inspired by the first album by Toe Fat in 1970. The photo subject's head is replaced by (you guessed it) a giant toe.
That band released only two albums, titled ONE and TWO respectively, and disappeared into history. Two members later were in Uriah Heap.
JB

PS: for a scan of the Toe Fat cover art check out Ebay item # 2549677352

Without clicking on Toe Fat, I can visualize it -- and yes, it's from the same stomach-turning art concept realm beyond kitsch and ersatz. It's funny how even those of us who strive to be objective have irrational chinks in our armour. There are those LPs we fell in love with too easily -- most often because of the situation or moment...usually a romantic one.
And others we dispatch to eternal doom because the subliminal image affects a suppressed memory or impulse. (No, I didn't get this from Dr. Phil). In Weisberg's cover, the re-assembled and exaggerated body parts just gross me out. And makes one grateful for today's market testing with focus groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom