Artie Butler, "Have You Met Miss Jones?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

seashorepiano

I recently picked up a copy of Artie Butler's "Have You Met Miss Jones?" and have decided that it's an album with some very sweet tunes, but not really a jazz album.

Should I give up looking for Herbie Mann's "Glory of Love"? I can't find it and I've been looking around the vinyl stores for months.

seashorepiano said:
I recently picked up a copy of Artie Butler's "Have You Met Miss Jones?" and have decided that it's an album with some very sweet tunes, but not really a Jazz album.

Ah, I found a still-sealed copy of HAVE YOU MET MISS JONES? at a Record Show, last weekend. Finally getting around to listening to it, too--though it's been opened since I brought it home. :wink:

Yes, I love the tunes on it, myself. It was enough to make me buy the many albums by other artists Artie Bulter arranged on.

seashorepiano said:
Should I give up looking for Herbie Mann's "Glory of Love"? I can't find it and I've been looking around the vinyl stores for months.

Well, usually it's the opposite for me, but lately GLORY OF LOVE has been quite difficult to find. In fact, anything Herbie Mann did on ATLANTIC has been disappearing, despite it, of late, having been Reissued on CD by Collectibles.

"Don't Give Up!", is what I would say. I'm sure somewhere a good copy just MAY turn up, if you "Keep Lookin'!!".

Dave

...who finally has ALL the Andy Kim '45's released after his S/T LP on Capitol, with "Rock Me, Baby" and just needs the ALBUM!!! :D

I've owned GLORY on vinyl (LP-2003) since it was new and, luckily, picked up the A&M jazz series CD reissue -- sealed inside its longbox -- in the cutout racks almost 10 years ago. I think it has been reissued again as an import. You might want to check amazon.com and/or gemm.com.

About a year ago I found a recent Artie Butler disc, CLASSIC BROADWAY (with the Hollywood Rainbow Pops) in a dollar rack. This is a collection of easy listening standards, soothingly orchestrated.
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom