• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

As Time Goes By- April 13th release date for US

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone hears what the official track listing will be please post it. I don't understand why it's finally being released here. Most all the Carpenters fans already bought it as a import.

..wondering if I should get this, online....

I'm sure that there are quite a few fans, especially those who aren't on the internet, who don't even know that this album exists, and who would buy a copy if they see it at a local store.

I'm wondering how many of us, who DO own the Japanese import, will buy another copy? I won't if it's exactly the same as the one I already have. If it had a "new" previously unreleased bonus track, I would buy it for sure!

Murray

How many countries has it been released in already? Is the UK CD exactly the same (tracklist, artwork) as the Japanese one?

Murray

I never knew there was a UK release. I thought it was exclusive to Japan Import.

I also heard that some of the tracks involved too much red tape for Richard to get released here in the states. So either this US version will be minus those tracks or Richard finally got the clearance.

...who still has an extra sealed copy of ATGB Japan Import that was sent in error by online retailer & cost me nothing, online...

Yes, it has been released not only in Japan. I know for sure there is a Singapore edition, a Malaysian edition and a Philippines edition. All tracks, cover etc. are the same as the Japanese edition, but the CD jewel case is the usual black - the Japan one was white.

Calvin R Murty

The tracklisting will definitely be different. Otherwise, it wouldn't be released due to its royality problem in the U.S.
As four previously never-released tracks were included in the other cds:
Karen/Ella medley in the Essential Collection.
Leave Yesterday Behind, California Dreamin' and Rainbow Connection in
the new Gold:35th Anniv. Edition.

I wonder what Richard would do with the rest of the tracks.
If he were to plan replace some of the tracks with other unreleased ones from the vault, I just can't help but buy one for my collection.

According to what a friend of mine says, the tracklisting side of this cd made in Thailand is light purple.
I have a copy of its cassette tape.

By the way, I was looking into this site http://www.amcorner.com/Artist_News.html

and it reads:A&M/UNI CD & DVDS IN 2004
APRIL:
13th As Time Goes By CD--Carpenters (6064931122)

This site is worht keeping an eye on.

Of course NOWHERE MAN would still be a new track. My guess is publicity will just fanfare this single track to get sales up.

And I for one, actually really love the arrangment of California Dreamin'

Neil

IIRC, "Nowhere Man" was one of the three tracks that were going to be left off of the planned US release back in 2001. The other two were the "Como Medley" and "I Got Rhythm."

Hopefully the legal challenges have been solved and the full track listing will appear.

This release may also stop any confusion caused by casual buyers of GOLD: 35th. That release pictures AS TIME GOES BY behind the clear CD tray.

Harry
...recalling the long spring/summer of 2001, waiting for AS TIME GOES BY, online...

Yes Friends,

I will acquire three copies of the US release of ATGB. One for playing and two for "stock-piling. With CarpenterS releases so few and far between...it gives me great pleasure to journey back to the record shop and purchase a NEW CarpenterS release. Yes, I have three copies of the Japanese version. Just re-living the joys and satisfaction that came with every album being debuted. I remember each moment in time that I bought and first listened each release. So many fond memories. Funny, 29 years ago, HORIZON didn't do much for me. Here some thirty years later, it represent's ( to my ear ) some of Karen's finest vocals.

And the hits just keep oooooon comin'!

Jeff

Doubt Richard would have approved a cut down set from 2001 original -makes no sense after serious contractual dispute that Richard agrees to an 11 /12 track USA release :confused:

There is a huge Carpenters audience out there who are unaware of this
recent album or do not buy imports -if Universal can link ATGB to current Gold set campaign and several retailers market this release -should do well and widen its audience base :o

UK ATGB was finally issued February 3 2003 -in time for Karen's 20th anniversary -but Universal UK have barely promoted this release -all very strange after UK executive wrote they were seeking to issue ASAP and market key new release .....

Peter

I've seen the recent Gold commerical at least 3 more times in the past 2 weeks on tv. It is a great promotion, sure gets my attention :tongue:

I wish they would clip it for the internet, could also help sales. Suprised we haven't seen it yet on the net.

PJ said:
There is a huge Carpenters audience out there who are unaware of this recent album or do not buy imports -

Some major retailers had the import As Time Goes By...I haven't been to Best Buy in a long time, but I seem to remember it there for a VERY affordable price. Nobody minds if it's an import or not around here. If it's affordable and has music they like on it, they'll buy it.

I was really happy "The Rainbow Connection" made it to the top 10 most requested songs in the radio station here in Bangkok not long after I purchased ATGB album from CD Warehouse almost 2 years ago.

On one TV commercial, a song "You're the One" was used in the background, although it wasn't Karen singing it. At least, that made me feel connected somewhat.

That's why Universal issuing some samplers of ATGB tracks from Gold plus a reminder of some Carpenters classics will gain some radio support and assist in spreading news of this new ( for USA ) set to that wider audience it needs :)

Rainbow , Leave Yesterday , Nowhere Man , California Dreaming , Dancing in The Street and And When He Smiles are all prime songs for more promotion -and perhaps 1 /2 of the standards ?

Peter

Is there a track listing? I have almost every Carpenters CD, some remixes I do without unless a new song of Karen is on them. As I have often said, the remastered CD's are the best, and if you can find the Singles 69-73, it is well worth it.

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom