• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Bacharch On CD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brasil_Nut

Staff member
I have a question about Burt Bacharach and CD releases.

Was Burt's A&M catalogue ever released on CD? I do have Reach Out (1967), Make It Easy On Yourself (1969), Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid (1969) and Burt Bacharach (1971).

However, I wonder about Living Together (1973), Burt Bacharach In Concert (1974), Futures (1976) and Woman (1977). Were they ever released in CD format? In Japan perhaps?

I do have a few standouts. Living Together (I've been crazy about this album since locating a scratched-up vinyl copy about three years ago) and Woman (which I think of as a classier version of Michael Colombier's Wings).

Any info would be greatly appreciated. :wink:

Jon

Living Together was in fact issued on CD in Japan. It's among the harder titles to find. I never found an official one, but managed to snag a CD-R from another kind fan.

In Concert has never been issued in the US in any form, and to my knowledge, like the Sergio Mendes simiarly titled album, has never seen the light of day on CD anywhere in the world, officially.

Futures and Woman have been issued in Japan on CD, but I believe are now out of print. They show up from time to time on eBay.

Harry
...having a hectic day, online...

Thanks, Harry. Futures and Woman are two of my absolute favorites by Bacharach. I've loved Woman since it was originally released. I've always been a fan of his instrumentals. Natually, Woman scored a big hit with me!

Again, thanks so much for the info.

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom