BMB in mono

TjbBmb

The only Baja album I ever had in mono was Rides Again which has a different mix of Juarez.

Are there any other mono albums that have differences from the stereo version?

"Juarez" does indeed have a different mix on the mono 45 with some extra hoots and hollers. I don't own any of the BMB's mono albums at this point.

I have the album "Watch Out" in both stereo and mono.
I will give them a listen and see if there are any differences.

"Juarez" does indeed have a different mix on the mono 45 with some extra hoots and hollers. I don't own any of the BMB's mono albums at this point.
The Mono version of Rides again has the exact mono single mix and I listen to that version more often everyone seems to be having a good time recording it

For all you Baja fans out there, I was looking through my 45s for anything that might be an interesting mono mix. I didn't get very far when I found this:

scan0007.jpg

When I spotted the word STEREO, I almost moved on, but then I looked closer and it turns out to be another of those CSG stereo records. So I put it on the turntable, confirmed that it was stereo with CSG and then dubbed it to digital.

Next I corrected the CSG nonsense making it into a straight stereo recording. Then I compared it to a standard stereo recording of the song and I hear a subtle difference between the two. It seems to me that this stereo single has a bit more reverb added overall, but I also detected something odd about the second verse with Julius' lead. I can't put my finger on it, but it just doesn't match up in Audacity, nor does it sound the same when I A/B it.

Here's the wave file if anyone cares to check it out.

For all you Baja fans out there, I was looking through my 45s for anything that might be an interesting mono mix. I didn't get very far when I found this:

scan0007.jpg

When I spotted the word STEREO, I almost moved on, but then I looked closer and it turns out to be another of those CSG stereo records. So I put it on the turntable, confirmed that it was stereo with CSG and then dubbed it to digital.

Next I corrected the CSG nonsense making it into a straight stereo recording. Then I compared it to a standard stereo recording of the song and I hear a subtle difference between the two. It seems to me that this stereo single has a bit more reverb added overall, but I also detected something odd about the second verse with Julius' lead. I can't put my finger on it, but it just doesn't match up in Audacity, nor does it sound the same when I A/B it.

Here's the wave file if anyone cares to check it out.

The first verse is marimba only on the melody. On the second and third verses Julius is accompanied by Bernie (presumably Bernie) on Bass Flute judging by the lower than normal flute register. It also sound like Julius is mixed down a bit more to make the Flute more "present."

--Mr Bill

Back
Top Bottom