• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

🎵 AotW Boy Meets Girl - BOY MEETS GIRL (SP-5046)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Boy Meets Girl
BOY MEETS GIRL
A&M SP-5046
Boy_Meets_Girl_(Boy_Meets_Girl_album).jpg

• All songs written by Shannon Rubicam and George Merrill (Irving Music/Boy Meets Girl Music), except where noted.
  1. Oh Girl 4:18
  2. Don't Tell Me We Have Nothing 4:01
  3. The Touch (Rubicam, Merrill, T. Bell; Irving Music/Boy Meets Girl Music/BellBoy Music) 3:55
  4. Kissing, Falling, Flying 3:34
  5. From Now On 4:49
  6. Be My Baby 3:47
  7. In Your Eyes 4:09
  8. I Wish You Were Here 3:37
  9. Pieces 4:09
  10. Premonitions 4:47
  • Shannon Rubicam: Lead & Backing Vocals
  • George Merrill: Lead & Backing Vocals, Keyboards, Programming
  • Richard Gibbs: Vocoder
  • Leon Gaer: Bass (all tracks except 7)
  • Kyle Henderson: Bass (track 7), Backing Vocals (track:cool:
  • John Goux: Guitar (tracks 1, 4, and 9)
  • Scott Shelly: Guitar (tracks 1, 5, and 7)
  • John Morton: Guitar (tracks 2, 5, 9, and 10)
  • Paul Jackson, Jr.: Guitar (tracks 3, 6, and:cool:
  • Eric Williams: Guitar (track 4)
  • Michael Jochum: Drums
  • Gary Herbig: Saxophone (track 6)
  • Steve Forman, Tom Werman: Percussion
  • George Hawkins: Backing vocals (tracks 2 and 10)
  • Thom Bell: Backing vocals (tracks 3 and 6)
  • Jon Joyce: Backing vocals (tracks 4 and 7)
  • John Batdorf: Backing vocals (track 7)
  • Susan Boyd: Backing vocals (track 9)
  • Produced By Tom Werman
  • Engineered By Gary Ladinsky
Entered the Billboard Top 200 on May 4, 1985
Charted for eleven weeks & peaked at # 76

"Oh Girl" reached # 39 as a single
Available as CD 5046

JB

Boy Meets Girl 3 years later charted their biggest song "Waiting For A Star To Fall" on RCA in 1988!!! Matt Clark Sanford, MI
Thanks for sharing this it took me back to memory lane. And i especially liked " Waiting for a star to fall" ( or as a Radio DJ joked years ago ) or is it the Chicken Little Song? That dj tried to confuse star for sky. Haha "What A Card".

Underrated album. I used to play "Oh Girl" every once in a while back in my radio-show days.

Fun trivia: even though they only had two Top 40 hits themselves as a duo ("Waiting for a Star to Fall" being the other, of course), George and Shannon are also responsible for having written the mega-hits "How Will I Know" and "I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)" for Whitney Houston. Interestingly enough, they also wrote "Waiting for a Star to Fall" for Whitney as well, but Clive Davis turned the song down. (Belinda Carlisle also recorded a version of the song at MCA's request for inclusion on Heaven on Earth but ultimately ended up not using it.) George and Shannon also have a connection to another big Number One hit: they sang the backing vocals on Deniece William's "Let's Hear It for the Boy."

Underrated album. I used to play "Oh Girl" every once in a while back in my radio-show days.

Fun trivia: even though they only had two Top 40 hits themselves as a duo ("Waiting for a Star to Fall" being the other, of course), George and Shannon are also responsible for having written the mega-hits "How Will I Know" and "I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)" for Whitney Houston. Interestingly enough, they also wrote "Waiting for a Star to Fall" for Whitney as well, but Clive Davis turned the song down. (Belinda Carlisle also recorded a version of the song at MCA's request for inclusion on Heaven on Earth but ultimately ended up not using it.) George and Shannon also have a connection to another big Number One hit: they sang the backing vocals on Deniece William's "Let's Hear It for the Boy."
"Wow" thanks for the info i didn't know they were such big songwriters its obvious they were more successful as writers than they were performers ( as was the case with other similar musician/ songwriters over the years)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom