• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

🎵 AotW Bryan Adams - RECKLESS (SP-5013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Bryan Adams
RECKLESS

A&M SP-5013

sp5013.jpg

1 One Night Love Affair 4:32 ....... #13
2 She's Only Happy When She's Dancin'Backing Vocals – Bryan Adams, Keith Scott, Lou GrammHandclaps – Beanbag, Bryan Adams, Jody Perpick, Keith Scott 3:14
3 Run To You 3:54 ......... # 6
4 HeavenDrums – Steve Smith (5)Guitar – Keith ScottKeyboards – Rob SabinoPiano, Percussion – Bryan Adams 4:03 ........... #1
5 SomebodyBacking Vocals – Bryan Adams, John Eddie, Keith ScottGuitar [Lead] – Bryan Adams 4:44 ...... # 11
6 Summer Of '69Vocals [Harmony] – Bryan Adams 3:35 ......... # 5
7 Kids Wanna RockVocals [Gang] – Bob Clearmountain, Bryan Adams, Jody Perpick, Keith Scott, Pat Steward 2:36
8 It's Only LoveLead Vocals – Tina TurnerVocals – Bryan Adams 3:15 ........ #15
9 Long GoneGuitar [Lead] – Bryan AdamsHarp – Bryan Adams 3:57
10 Ain't Gonna CryBacking Vocals – Bryan Adams, Keith Scott 4:06

Entered the Billboard Top 200 on November 24, 1984
Held the # 1 spot for two weeks
Charted for 83 weeks
Available as CD 5013

JB

There is also a box set of "Reckless" which came out last year in 2014. Bryan has a new CD called "Get Up" on Friday, October 16. Bryan also did a CD of remakes called "Tracks Of My Years" last year in 2014. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Not my favorite album of this - that would be Cuts Like a Knife - but this one comes pretty close. It's admittedly front-loaded, but the quality doesn't really start to wane until halfway through the second side. "Heaven," "Run to You," "Somebody," "One Night Love Affair," "It's Only Love" and "Summer of '69" were all massive hits, of course - and how many albums can you say have yielded THAT many Top 20 hits? - but I think they might managed to score even more had they wanted to continue releasing singles from this album: "She's Only Happy When She's Dancing," for one, might very well be the most addictively catchy non-single to be found on any of Adams' records, and easily could have been a Top 20 hit in its own right, and "Long Gone" has a hook that doesn't let up, either.

Just heard Bryan Adams' "Run To You", which had come at me on the radio--the car radio & when better than you gotta get away, in my case getting off work (& my classic rock radio station's YEARS IN YOUR EARS WEEKEND program spotlighting 1984--yeh, something from Van Halen's '1984' album--"Panama", (of which you gotta hear Pat Boone's version w/ a "cleaned-up" spoken line from his In A Metal Mood) followed?)...

-- Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom